Hey, do you know about Amazon Book Rental? If you already know about it then you are a part of a special privilege. If you don’t know about it or know a little we are here to let you know. We will disclose the whole thing to you part by part. Meanwhile, to be a part of this special privilege you just have to follow this article until the last. Hence, let’s start the journey.
Learn Everything About Amazon Book Rental From This Definitive Guide
- 1 How To rent a textbook through Amazon Book Rental
- 2 How to Extend a Textbook Rental
- 3 Purchase a Textbook Rental
- 4 How to return a Textbook Rental
- 5 Textbook Rental Fees
- 6 How to track your Textbook Rental Return
- 7 Acceptable Rental Conditions
- 8 Amazon Textbook Rental Service Availability
- 9 Textbook Rental Terms and Conditions & Text Notifications
- 10 Book Condition
- 11 Returning Textbook
- 12 Extension Fee; Automatic Purchase
- 13 Methods of payment
- 14 Agreement Changes
- 15 Conclusion
How To rent a textbook through Amazon Book Rental
Amazon.com allows the students to rent specific Textbooks as well as rent ebooks online. Amazon Book Rental helps students to rent textbooks from the textbook Rentals store for a semester. In addition, they have another option to extend the rental period or to purchase the book. On the other hand, renting Textbook through Amazon Book Rental don’t guarantee you any supplemental materials inclusion.
Instructions to rent a textbook:
- Sail across to the Textbooks Rentals store
- Now, search for the Textbook that you need or you want to rent.
Note: note the due date before renting a book
- Then, tap the Rent button which you will find on the product page
- Now, click on Rent Now
Note: the textbook is not available for rental if the Rent Now button doesn’t appear anywhere on the page.
- To complete your rental, follow the on-screen instructions
- Amazon requires a Credit card which won’t expire for at least 45 days after your rental due date. The credit card won’t charge if you have any gift cards that cover the order unless they don’t receive the Textbook back on the due date.
- You will need to place multiple orders to rent multiple books. Multiple textbooks can’t be combined with other items in the shopping cart because each Amazon Textbook rental is processed as a separate order.
- Once you finished the rental process, you can sign up for the text reminders of your rental due date. You will find it Thank You Page.
How to Extend a Textbook Rental
You can extend your rental for 15 days. You can also renew your rental for another semester. However, in both cases, you have to give an additional fee.
Instructions to extend your rental:
- You have to go to Your Textbook Rentals
- Then, choose the rental you want to extend
- Now, select the new extension period
- Tap Extend Rental and then click Place Your Order
Purchase a Textbook Rental
According to the Amazon book rental policy, you can purchase any book after taking the book for rent. After you’ve had a rental for 30 days, you can select to purchase the book.
Instructions to purchase a textbook:
- You have to sail across to Your Textbooks Rentals
- Choose the books you would like to purchase that you rented
- Now, to complete the purchase, follow the on-screen instructions
What you have already paid for rental or extension fees that will be minus from the purchase price.
How to return a Textbook Rental
You can replace or give back the book after a certain period. The time length is about 30 days. You can return back the book to Amazon book rental after finishing the first thirty days of the rental duration. If you failed to return the book in first thirty days, you will not receive a refund or the rental fee.
Instructions to return a textbook after the rental period of 30 days:
- You have to sail across to Your Textbook Rentals
- Choose the textbook you want to return
- Then select Return Book to print the return shipping label which is pre-paid
- Get a Printed copy of the packaging slip as well as return shipping label
- Package up the textbook you want to return which includes the packaging slip
Note: they made it possible for you to return multiple books per package. To avoid extra or any incorrect fees, just rentals listed on the same packing slip should be returned together.
- Take the shipment to the carrier listed on your return label. Also, apply the return shipping label.
Go to Return Items You Ordered to return a Textbook Rental within the first 30 days of your rental period. You’ll receive a full refund If the book is in the same condition as when you received it. Please drop the books off with the carrier on or before the due date to get rid of late fees.
Textbook Rental Fees
When renting a book there are several types of fees to consider.
- You will be charged for 15 days extension if there is not any tracking available to show that the book is on the way back to them by the due date. You will also get extra time to return the book.
- If you failed to return the book after the 15 days extension, you’ll be charged the purchased price. (Any previous rental fees or late charges that you paid will be taken off of the purchase price)
- You will be charged the purchase price If you don’t return the original book or the book being rejected because of the condition. (Any previous rental fees or late charges that you paid will be taken off of the purchase price)
The best path to avoid extra charge us to deliver the book before the due date. The date is listed on your return label of the book. You should be careful about it.
How to track your Textbook Rental Return
It is possible to track your Textbook rental through Your Textbook Rental Return from your Amazon account.
Instructions to track your Textbook Rental:
- You have to go to Your Textbook Rentals
- Now, choose Track Package next to the rental you want to see
Note: if you don’t find a Track Package link, a return shipping label might not be generated for the order yet. After the package was given to the carrier tracking information may be blank up to 24 hours.
When the tracking ID will show its tracking activity, you’ll know the shipment is on its way back to them. Your status will show as Returned after your rental return is accepted.
Acceptable Rental Conditions
When you will rent books through Amazon book rentals, you may receive a new or used textbook. It depends on the availability. All previously used textbook will be in acceptable rental condition.
Here are some of the acceptable Rental conditions for Amazon book rental:
- No water damage (wavy, distended or discolored, crinkled, stains, rings)
- Cover is not torn or taped
- No broken spine or binding
- No burns, fire, or smoke damage
- No missing, torn, or loose pages
- No excessive writing or highlighting
- No odor of any kind (including musty odor, cigar or cigarette odor)
You can return the book for a refund within the 30 days of receipt if you’re not satisfied with it.
Amazon Textbook Rental Service Availability
If you are out of the United States, this service is not available for you. Currently, Amazon is providing book rental services just for the people who are living in the states. (including the continental the United States, Alaska, and Hawaii, but excluding Puerto Rico and U.S. territories) However, they might start the service for other countries later on.
Textbook Rental Terms and Conditions & Text Notifications
Amazon.com use the shortcode 262966 to sent automated text notification to the U.S. only numbers. You will receive text notifications from Amazon when there is an upcoming due date if you agree to receive notifications. You will get a notification for your rented books. Messages will be sent in between 9 AM- 6 PM.
Note: Message and data charge may apply.
You can opt-out at any time by sending STOP to 2629966.
List of the following Carriers that support amazon text notifications:
- Alaska Communications Systems (ACS),
- Bluegrass Cellular,
- Boost Mobile,
- C Spire Wireless (aka Cellular South),
- Chariton Valley Cellular,
- Chat Mobility,
- Cincinnati Bell,
- Cricket (Leap Wireless),
- Cross Wireless,
- DTC Wireless,
- Duet IP (Max. Wireless/Wireless Comm. Venture),
- East Kentucky Network (Appalachian Wireless),
- Element Mobile,
- Epic Touch,
- GCI Communications,
- Golden State Cellular,
- Illinois Valley Cellular,
- Immix, Inland Cellular,
- Metro PCS (including subsidiary PTA-FLA),
- MetroPCS/T-Mobile US,
- Mobi PCS,
- MobileNation/SI Wireless,
- Mosaic Telecom,
- MTA Wireless/Matanuska Kenai,
- MTPCS Cellular One (Cellone Nation),
- Nex-Tech Communications,
- Northwest Missouri Cellular,
- Panhandle Wireless,
- Peoples Wireless,
- Pine Cellular,
- Pioneer Cellular,
- Plateau Wireless, Revol Wireless,
- Rural Independent Network Alliance (RINA),
- SRT Communications,
- Thumb Cellular,
- TracFone (AT&T),
- Union Telephone,
- United States Cellular Corp,
- United Wireless,
- Viaero Wireless,
- Virgin Mobile,
- West Central Wireless
Note: You will not receive any text message on any VOIP numbers like Google voice or Skype.
Amazon Services LLC and its affiliates proffer you the opportunity to rent books from Amazon.com subject to the following conditions. If you select to rent a textbook from them you accept Rental terms. Read them carefully before renting a book.
Your utilization of the Amazon.com site is additionally represented by their Conditions of Use and Privacy Notice, and all other relevant terms, conditions, arrangements, restrictions, and necessities. On the off chance that, and afterward just to the extent that, the Conditions of Use, Privacy Notice, or other relevant terms are conflicting with these Rental Terms, the Rental Terms will control just as for Textbook Rentals.
You may receive a used or new textbook in acceptable condition when you rent a textbook through Amazon.com
You are agreeing to the terms to return the book on or before the due date specified on the Your Textbook Rentals page.
You may initiate a textbook return during the first 30 days through Your Textbook Rentals page in your account. They will not be responsible for any items that are lost in transport from you to them. They will also won’t be responsible if you sent any wrong items to them and that is lost during transportation.
When they get a returned textbook, they decide in their sole alertness that it is in worthy rental condition. If the returned textbook is dictated by us not to be inadequate rental condition, we may in our sole prudence charge you the buyout cost (computed as the full price tag of the reading material as of the season of rental, less any rental expenses and expansion charges you have officially paid), and dispatch the textbook back to you to keep.
Extension Fee; Automatic Purchase
The due date for every textbook you lease is accessible on the Your Textbook Rentals page in your account. If the leased reading material you return to them is not stamped on or before the textbook’s expected date, they might in their sole discretion broaden your rental period by an extra 15 days. They will charge you the relevant 15-day expansion expense for the textbook.
Methods of payment
You consent to keep up with your Amazon.com account no less than one substantial card that terminates no sooner than 150 days after the date on which you lease the reading material. They maintain whatever authority is needed to square or drop arranges and suspend or end your record on the off chance that you acquire extraordinary and unpaid expenses for leased reading material and they are not ready to charge such expenses to any card on the document in your Amazon.com account.
They may in their caution change these Rental Terms or any part of Textbook Rentals without notice to you. If any modification is found invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that change is severable and does not influence the legitimacy and enforceability of any residual changes or Rental Terms.
In summary, the Amazon Book rental service is useful for the students. Amazon makes it available for them to rent books at a certain price with a time limit and sell textbooks as well. There are some rules and regulations to follow during renting textbooks from them. You have to follow the rules either on the other hand, you will have to pay extra charges. If you are looking for book rentals for college textbooks Amazon.com is one of the best places for you.
In this article, we tried to cover up all the essential info that is needed to know. We hope you can use the Amazon book rental service without any worries from now on.
Thank you so much for coming all the way down and read the article. If you think any info is missing or any part is hard for you to understand let us know. We will always be there for you. Take care and spread the goodness.
You might also like: