Last updated on October 6th, 2018 at 05:12 pm.
Microsoft setup bootstrapper has stopped working is an error message you see while you were installing MS Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 or you were upgrading your office to a newer version.
Microsoft Corporation had an attempt to improve the installation system using upgraded technologies. Before we have seen, to install any product an executable file and a single click was enough. But nowadays, to install Microsoft Office 2013/ 2016, Microsoft Corporation used a modern technology named “Bootstrapper”.
According to its functionality, “Bootstrapper” works to initialize an application built by utilizing “Composite Application Library”.
Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working Solved
Microsoft setup bootstrapper has stopped working Solution
Before starting of troubleshooting this problem, you must create a restore point for System Restore.
Steps to the Solution
1. Firstly you have to uninstall Microsoft Office that you have installed to your PC.
2. Now Open the “Run” windows by pressing “Win Key + R”. There is another way to open it: Click on Start, then type “Run” in the search field and it will appear in the search result. Now click on Run.
3. Type “Regedit” without double quote in the “Open” field of Run window.
8. Now you are going to close the Registry Editor
9. Restart your PC/ Laptop
10. When your PC/ Laptop is restarted, Now try to install Microsoft Office again. But install it in “Clean Boot State”. We are very much hopeful that the solution will fix your problem.
To run your PC in Clean Boot State follow the steps below
a) For that, you perform a clean boot of your PC. To perform a clean boot, you have to go to Run > Type “msconfig” without double quote > and hit enter or Click Ok.
b) Now by going to “General Tab” > Select “Selective Startup” option from Startup Selection > Then Check “Load system services” and “Use original boot configuration”.
c) Now go to Services Tab. At the left-Bottom of this window Check “Hide all Microsoft” services.d) Click now on “Disable All”
d) Click now on “Disable All”e) And then Click Apply and then click Ok. This process will bring your PC to a Clean Boot State.
e) And then Click Apply and then click Ok. This process will bring your PC to a Clean Boot State.
N.B: To bring back your PC to the normal startup state just undo the exact changes for “Clean Boot State” you did.
How to solve Microsoft setup bootstrapper 2016 issue?
Follow these steps
- Find “MS Office 2016 Standard\standard.ww” by going into MS Office 2016 Std setup files (in your MS Office 2016 DVD or in the folder, where you have saved it in the Hard Drive)
- Now Copy the exe file (Important: Must get the file copied from the Installer you are using. You do not copy ose.exe from MS Office Pro installer while your installation is MS Office Standard. It won’t work in this case)
- Now go to the following address “C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Source Engine” (In this step it will require to create the folder “Source Engine”)and then Paste the exe to “Source Engine” folder you have created
- Download a registry file named “reg”
- Now double click on the reg file “reg” and follow the steps to apply the registry settings to your pc registry and then restart the PC
- After rebooting the PC, Run msc
- Check for the service “Office 64 Source Engine” if started, if not, start this service. (Important: “Office 64 Source Engine” service must be started!)
If this Microsoft setup bootstrapper has stopped working solution does not work for you, Get support from here.
You might also like