Artificial intelligence is a promising yet a risky by-product of human evolution.
It enables machines or computers to act without explicit human instructions.
This is a part of technology that is still in its early stages and while we’re still trying to figure out how to get near complete automation, we at least have some stuff going on.
As soon as machine learning started to become a trend and gain huge momentum, the developers started integrating it into almost every other field.
From entertainment to education and from agriculture to marketing, every sector has been experiencing a change.
For decades, the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) was confined to computer programmers.
But this whole new wave of DIY Artificial Intelligence (DIY AI) and Artificial Video Intelligence (AVI) is using ready-made tools that average people like you can use at home — without needing a degree in computer science.
When it comes to AI video, many people focus on things like training machines to comprehend language and help robots move in the real world.
But AI video has so much more in store than just visual recognition.
You might ask, what is AI video? What are its benefits and applications? Can you explain it in layman’s terms? A lot of us are trying to wrap our heads around this concept, so we decided to get on the same page. Maybe you can help us out a little bit.
What is AI Video and Why do You Need it?
What is AI Video? To make this idea simple, an AI video is a content that is created with the use of artificial intelligence.
It could be an existing video that was improved and enhanced using AI or it could be something that is created from scatch.
Video is the most common form of content that we see and consume everyday.
With AI video becoming more popular in the mainstream, it won’t be hard to explain why people need it.
Of course you might still be asking why do you need it. It’s simple, you need to laugh, you need to learn, you need to feel engaged, and this is what AI videos are — entertaining, informative, relatable, and tangible.
AI video is just a supplement and is not and should not be a replacement for human creativity.
It is there to support us to do our job more efficiently and effectively.
We’re still far away from AI being able to write their own scripts or make decisions on their own.
However, it will be exciting to talk about what AI videos can promise us.
What is Machine Learning?
Machine learning is a characteristic of AI that allows it to learn from data being collected.
It is used in many different industries such as marketing, medicine, and real estate, to mention a few.
Machine learning in videos can be used for things like color correction, object removal/replacement, and facial tracking. It’s also used for many other things, including:
- Predicting the best cuts in a video based on user preferences and metadata
- Automatically creating color grading presets based on the content of a clip (for example, if you have an interview with two people in front of a green screen, machine learning can help create a “skin tone” preset).
- Automated object removal (for example, if you have a video of someone riding on the back of a motorcycle, machine learning can help remove the person from the shot).
- Automated object replacement (for example, if you want to put a person on the back of a motorcycle but don’t have footage of that person riding, machine learning can help you replace them with someone else).
- Automated facial tracking (for example, if you have a video of two people talking in front of a green screen, machine learning can help identify their faces and track them throughout the clip).
- And the list goes on.
So how does AI video differ with AI Video Technology?
Well, the answer is that these are the same in a sense that technology can boost the power of AI Videos by elevating its ability to analyze, interpret, track, and suggest meaningful data.
AI Video Applications
We have already answered the question: what is AI video? But what about combining it with the word “Applications” or “Apps”?
“Apps” is a shorter word for “Applications”.
These are useful and automated software that can be downloaded to your gadgets such as your smartphones, laptops, and tablets.
With the improvement and integration of AI into video applications, we are expecting these software to:
- Recognize the faces of people you might know in the videos you’ve taken or uploaded.
- Identify objects in a scene and share fun facts about it them.
- Detect behavior patterns (and anomalies) based on what’s happening around certain people or things.
- Be alerted when someone is in a video that appears to be dangerous or illegal.
- Use AI to automatically tag the important parts of videos and organize them into categories.
- Create a database of all the videos you’ve taken and quickly search them by keyword.
- Create video filters that automatically enhance the quality of any video you upload.
- Use AI to find trends in your data and make predictions about what might happen next.
- Use AI to find and share videos that will be interesting, entertaining, or useful.
- Create a virtual assistant that can respond to simple questions about what’s happening in your videos.
- Use AI to automatically transcribe your videos, and make them searchable by keyword.
- Create an AI-powered video editor that can cut out the boring parts of a video and add captions or subtitles
- And many more!
AI Video Analytics
It seems quite intimidating if we see the word “analytics”.
Let’s just simplify the term “analytics” into “analysis” which can be further simplified into “understanding and breaking down general information”.
What is AI video analytics? This is AI’s ability to collect and analyze your videos helping you improve the quality of your content, as well as how it’s received by your audience.
AI video analytics can collect data about your viewers and their demographics.
It can also track data such as how long they are watching each video, where they stop and rewatch, or what parts cause them to pause or fast forward through the video.
The more data that’s collected, the more idea you can generate to create content that are tailored to each type of viewers.
This will then increase engagement and views to your videos, ultimately making your content more popular.
Some social media platforms such as Facebook and YouTube have been using AI video analytics for some time now, helping to improve their users’ experiences and tailor content that appeals to viewers.
It’s only a matter of time before more companies start adopting this technology, too.
AI Video Editing
The days of editing videos on your computer are dwindling. As technology advances, so does the need for more efficient ways to create content.
What is AI video editing? Does it have a promising future? If you are a video editor, you will be thrilled because it can help improve your editing experience by cutting down editing time without compromising the quality of your output.
AI-powered video editing will make the process of creating videos easier! You won’t have to spend hours searching for the right clips or trying to figure out how to put them together; instead, you can simply rely on an AI assistant.
With the improvement in AI video analytics, you will also be able to see recommended contents tthat hasn’t been created yet but would appeal to your audience. Sounds futuristic, right?
Some online video editors already integrated AI video creation to their interface such as recommending video filters, suggesting a more appropriate sound and music, and some even have ready-made video templates.
These features are still being developed at the moment but are already making video editors’ lives more productive.
AI video editing is still on its early stages and still has a long way to go.
Just imagine a technology that will create a video for you just by writing “I want to create the best birthday video for my mom”.
AI Video Streaming
Live streams are in! Yes, and these are one of the most relatable, real time, and engaging marketing strategies that any marketer should adapt.
What is AI video streaming? Is it effective? Absolutely! This is a more intelligent and automated way of doing live-streaming videos that will help you be more engaging and will help you do it in a smarter way.
For instance, one of your viewers has a question. AI can provide you with a suggested answer so you will not give inaccurate information plus it saves you time doing a manual search for the answer.
By analyzing viewership data, AI can help you answer questions such as who is my audience? What is their age bracket?
Which part of my livestream got the most and the least engagement and reactions? When is the best time for me to do livestream?
What are the most common suggestions I received during the livestream? What products have the most views?
These data collected by your AI are not just there as an FYI.
These are gold! Use them to your advantage so that the next time you do your livestream, you are smarter and more impactful.
Before you dive into doing your first livestream, you should practice and prepare as much as you can.
You should start by learning about how the platform where you will do livestream works and what its limitations are so that you can make informed decisions about when and how it should be used.
AI Video Marketing
Recently, AI is dominating the marketing space with the rise of AI tools.
Some tools are able to generate articles, answer questions, give feedback and suggestions, and some can even do accurate coding.
Now, what is AI video in the context of Marketing?
Since marketing is focused primarily in optimizing visibility and consumer engagement, creating video content that is consumer friendly is a perfect formula and AI can also be helpful in this equation.
AI-powered video creation tools allow users to create videos that are automatically optimized for social media.
These tools will also automate and make it easier for you to resize, compress, and modify your videos making it easier to share on your social media accounts.
AI-powered video creation tools are a great way to create high-quality content but these are also quite expensive right now.
Nevertheless, as AI develops and becomes more accessible to more tools, we can expect to see more affordable options available in the near future.
In addition to creating high-quality videos, AI-powered video creation tools can also help you find other interesting content that are relevant to your business.
These tools not only scan the internet and collect data on what’s popular at any given time, but they also give suggestions about what type of content people are sharing most frequently.
AI can give you suggestions so you know how to target specific audience groups, which makes it easier to build a solid following among people who are interested in your product or service.
You could also use AI to create videos that are relevant to the time of year so that they’re more likely to get shared on social media.
Remember, AI video marketing is not just literally limited to making video content.
Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) are also becoming increasingly popular for marketing purposes because they allow businesses to create immersive environments that make their products feel more real—and therefore more attractive.
In fact, many marketers believe that VR and AR will soon become the most popular forms of digital marketing.
If you’re not sure how to use this technology or what it can do for your business, talk to an expert today.
AI Video Security
AI is a type of technology that’s capable of learning, reasoning, and problem-solving on its own.
So far, we have tackled some of the most common fields where videos are involved.
Let’s address one of the most sensitive but essential concerns which is AI Video Security.
What is AI video security? Are we looking into having both positive and negative effects of AI video in this space?
AI can be used to perform many of the same functions as humans—such as security monitoring.
AI video security systems can be programmed to recognize specific objects or people, and they can even learn to distinguish between normal behavior and unusual activity.
AI video security is an emerging form of digital marketing that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to recognize faces and objects in a camera feed.
This can help us identify potential threats, such as trespassers or potential shoplifters before they become problems.
It can also be used to monitor traffic patterns—such as where people are going most often and when—to determine where new stores should be built or existing ones expanded.
You may have seen AI-powered video security in action at airports, or even retail outlets.
This technology is becoming more common as it becomes more affordable and reliable. The benefits of AI-powered video security include:
- Improvement in the quality of videos by identifying what’s happening in each frame and removing distracting elements from the footage.
- Real-time sending of alerts and notifications for any suspicious activities detected.
- Increased accuracy and efficiency by taking clearer footage.
- Reduced costs and time spent on manual video security monitoring.
- Early detection of potential threats and crimes.
- Improved situational awareness.
- More accurate incident reporting and investigation.
- Improved performance in low-visibility or challenging conditions.
- Reduced false alarms.
- Increased security and safety for businesses and their customers.
- Improved compliance with regulations and requirements.
AI is a powerful technology that should always be used for a better life experience.
But the improvement of AI video security can also be used negatively if it goes uncontrolled and unmonitored.
Just as it is important for our technology to make our lives easier, it is also of equal importance to make our lives safer.
So as we see development in AI video security, we will also see new laws and regulations that will be implemented.
AI Video Chat
Video chatting applications and software already proliferated.
Some of these are focused on personal uses such as dating but of course, they can also be leveraged for other uses like in businesses.
So what is AI video chat then? First, let’s define video chat – as a remote and automated way to visually communicate with another individual or a group of people.
AI video chat then is with the involvement of technology.
Using “chatbots”, robot chat moderators, or even voice-assisted devices such as Alexa and Siri.
AI video chat can be used to help you better understand people and their needs.
AI-powered video chat is a new way of interacting with customers, enabling a more meaningful connection between the two parties.
The benefits of AI-powered video chat in businesses include:
- Improved customer experience by providing accurate information in real time.
- Reduced costs and time spent on manual video security monitoring.
- Improved customer satisfaction by allowing them to speak directly with an expert or sales representative who can answer their questions quickly and accurately without having to wait for someone on the other end of the line to pick up or find answers themselves.
- It increased sales and revenue by providing customers with a more personalized experience that leads to increased engagement.
- Improved safety by monitoring video feeds in real-time and providing immediate alerts when there are any suspicious or threatening activities.
The Future of AI Video
AI is here to stay, and there are many ways in which it will continue to improve our lives.
Video is a particularly important area for AI as it allows us to better understand both the world around us and our own behavior.
With the rapid development of machine learning algorithms and increasing availability of data from smartphones and other devices, we can expect AI-powered video solutions to continue improving in quality and effectiveness.
AI is also set to play a crucial role in the future of video surveillance.
In particular, AI will help us tackle some of the biggest challenges we face today such as monitoring large-scale public spaces and enabling real-time video analytics that can detect suspicious or threatening activities.
AI has the potential to revolutionize the way we view our surroundings, and we’re already starting to see some of its most exciting applications.
We can expect AI-powered video solutions to continue improving in quality and effectiveness as the technology evolves.
Limitations of AI Video
The first step in understanding the limitations of AI Video is asking yourself What is AI Video? By then, you will realize that the limitations may include:
- AI videos are still relatively new and haven’t been tested in every situation which means they’re still prone to errors and irregularities.
- Just like humans, technology takes time to learn what normal behavior looks like in a given environment (this is known as “training”).
- AI is only as good as the data that’s been inputted into it. If your video solution isn’t trained with enough videos of real-world situations, it won’t be able to accurately identify abnormal activity.
- AI videos will only work if you also have equipment that is advance enough to accommodate the needs of this technology.
- AI, in general, is a technology that is prone to abuse and misuse. This will limit AI’s evolution if left uncontrolled.
AI can be applied to a wide variety of industries, making it one of the most exciting areas for tech innovators.
Whether we’re talking about cybersecurity, healthcare, or other areas, AI is being used to speedily find opportunities and fix mistakes in ways that would take humans hours or days.
Video may not seem like something that requires AI to some, but that’s a fact.
But there are plenty of cases where using neural nets and machine learning can take video editing to the next level.
If we speak of evolution and technology, everyone can take advantage of AI video and it will help us save some time and energy.
AI videos might also be the light for some of the questions that are left unanswered.
Essentially, AI videos are ironically strong but fragile.
Strong because it is evolving, and fragile in the sense that it can be destroyed easily if not implemented properly.
So what is AI Video then? You define.
You must log in to post a comment.