What is international SEO and how to do international SEO? If you’re looking to get your business to a global level, you’ll need to optimise your online presence with international SEO services from the likes of Ocere. After all, many consumers worldwide won’t commit to any purchases for products or services listed in languages apart from their native tongue. And this alone should be reason enough for brands and companies to ensure that their websites cater to the international users they want to sell to.
This guide will give you a brief overview of what international search engine optimisation is all about. So, if you want to learn more, continue reading.
What is International SEO all about?
As you may know, SEO involves practices that aim to optimise an online domain and published material to create visibility in Google and other search engines. International search engine optimisation is similar, except that its goal is driving more traffic from different languages and countries. In other words, it ensures that the search engines can easily identify the locations your business wishes to target so you can attract consumers who speak another language.
International SEO is a set of techniques that can be used to improve the visibility and ranking of a website in different countries around the world. It involves optimising your website for users in different languages and markets, in order to increase your chances of ranking higher in search engine results pages (SERP).
How does it work?
Generally, most search engine websites are designed primarily to match results to the user’s location and language. However, through international SEO, search engines become aware that the website has suitable content for users who may be based in other countries or searchers in need of the services or products you offer in specific languages. It uses language targeting, designated link structures, tags, and many other localisation strategies and signals to ensure your content is targeted to people from different parts of the world.
Importance of international SEO
Pushing a site and publishing content using international SEO can help create more exposure for your offerings in the worldwide market and build a global business. With it, it’s possible to build more robust consumer bases, resulting in more conversions. It’s an excellent way for your organisation to gain an edge over the competition, especially if they haven’t optimised their internet presence to specific countries and languages. By filling these gaps with tailored content, you can draw in a greater traffic volume.
What makes for a strong strategy?
International SEO isn’t a one-size-fits-all method. When you get down to it, one approach that succeeds in a specific market may not necessarily yield the same results in another because of language and cultural differences. For this reason, robust strategies can be adapted for different countries and regions. And to achieve success, one must be aware of the differences in culture and language for every location you’re looking to provide material for. You can’t just translate the content – it must be localised correctly.
For example, every global business has to ensure its target audience can use its currency to make purchases for the desired offerings. To do this, they must address inquiries and concerns using their language. But, more importantly, it needs to be within the country’s cultural context. If not, the responses may be wrong and alienate the audience instead of attracting them. But because localising your brand’s online presence to meet every expectation can be a monumental task, it’s often better to leave the job at the hands of capable experts instead of trying to shoulder the work.
There are a few things you’ll need to take into account when implementing an international SEO strategy:
1. Understanding the target audience. Knowing who is searching for specific products or services in other countries can help you to tailor your content and marketing efforts.
2. Targeting local keywords. When publishing content, include keywords that are specific to the region or language being targeted. This will help to improve your site’s visibility and rank in search engine results pages (SERP).
3. Creating regional content. When you write or produce content for your target market, make sure it is relevant to the language and culture. This will help to draw in local readers and users.
4. Ensuring international traffic is routed through local URLs. When you publish a new piece of content, include a regional URL so that people in that area can access it easily. This will help to improve site performance and encourage people to return to your site.
5. Implementing regional link building. Building links to your site from other websites in the region will help to improve your site’s ranking.
6. Testing and tweaking. Always be sure to test different strategies and see what works best for your business.
Hope now you know what is international SEO. At its core, international SEO is all about taking a business to the global market. It optimises online content for targeted countries, boosting search presence, strengthening brand awareness, attracting more leads, and enhancing global revenue. So, make sure that international SEO is a part of your marketing strategy.
You must log in to post a comment.