Last updated on March 24th, 2022 at 07:02 pm.
Which router is best for 100 Mbps speed? A router, otherwise known as a gateway, is the first thing that you need to buy if you want fast Internet connectivity. No matter what type of modem you have purchased, it still needs to be hooked up to your router in order to get fast speed and good connectivity all-around your home or office. We will provide tips on the best router to buy for 100 Mbps of speed.
Take a look at the best routers for 100Mbps speed internet plans this year. Which routers are the best for 100 Mbps speed? We have put together the best routers out there to help you decide which router is best for 100 Mbps speed.
Which Router is Best for 100 Mbps Speed?
- 1 How to choose the best WiFi router for a 100Mbps Internet plan?
- 2 Best Routers For 100 Mbps Internet
- 3 Final Takeaways
- 4 FAQ
How to choose the best WiFi router for a 100Mbps Internet plan?
Which router is best for 100 Mbps speed? Things To Consider When Choosing A Router For 100 Mbps Internet Service:
- The first consideration is your budget for the router
- Check what kind of router do you need (Single router, Mesh systems)
- Check if the router is compatible with your internet service provider company
- Must consider the router supports a minimum of 200 Mbps, as you are looking for a router that supports at least 100 Mbps speed.
- Check wifi bands and channels
- Check if ports are enough for you
- Consider the availability of the latest security standards
- Consider the router if it provides the latest wireless protocols
- Check the range of the router if it covers your house, or you need extra extenders
- Check the number of devices that can handle the router
Best Routers For 100 Mbps Internet
NETGEAR-Nighthawk AX2700 Router with 32 x 8 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem-Black
Netgear-Nighthawk AX2700 router is not only the best modem for 100 Mbps but also the best router. It supports up to 2Gbps. Not only that it has tons of features and support for advanced features such as VLANs and SPI firewall, but also the best modem for 100 Mbps. If you have fast Internet, you will certainly need a router to ensure a good speed. The router is like a modems gateway, it allows other devices such as smartphones and laptops to share internet access to all users on the network.
The AX2700 is the world’s Best DOCSIS 3.1 Wi-Fi 6 Cable Modem-Router Combo. It covers a 2500 sqft area and can handle 25 devices approx.
It supports plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, storage drives, and more with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB 3.0 port.
It has DOCSIS 3.1 and 32×8 channel bonding facility.
Speed, security, and network manageability all in one DOCSIS 3. 1 router for extreme performance. The AX2700 is the modem/router combo that you have been waiting for.
This router requires a long time to get rebooted. Sometimes need to reboot very frequently.
Linksys EA8300 Wi-Fi Router for Gaming & Streaming Wireless Home Network
Linksys EA8300 Max-Stream AC2200 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router is designed for approximately 1500 sqft area which can handle 15+ wireless devices at a time. The router uses third-generation tri-band AC technology for amazing data transfer speeds.
The EA8300 also supports MU-MIMO technology which helps in 2X faster bandwidth compared to standard routers. This is a router that is designed with a new proprietary architecture in mind. It uses the advanced Tri-Band AC technology which delivers the best possible speeds on both 2. 4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.
This router allows 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering.
- Looks & Feels amazing. No noise, smooth service
- 5GHz & 2.4GHz bands for home & other Guest usages.
- Very fast internet speeds. Can handle almost 100 Mbps speed.
- You can use it as a homegroup connecting a USB or eSATA HDD.
- Very simple to set up.
- You can install two firmware at the same time (one active at a time) with its two separate partitions.
- 4 replaceable & powerful antennas
- It can handle multiple devices & 4K streaming. Also great ping in games!
- Future-proof with 1Gbps speeds & bandwidth handling across antennas.
- Guest Networks & WPS (very unsecure) which can be disabled if necessary.
- You can use it with OpenVPN!
- Not possible to monitor bandwidth usage or other fun statistics.
- It’s tough to block websites for all devices. Only can block individually for each device.
- Mobile app lacks features & the web interface does not allow access in mobile browsers.
- FTP feature seems not to allow individual FTP accounts to specified folders.
- Almost no updates from Linksys in years.
- Interface is not user-friendly with assigning dedicated DHCP IPs to devices.
Speedefy AC2100 Smart WiFi Wireless Router for Home & Gaming (Model K7)
Speedefy AC2100 Smart WiFi Wireless Router is a very good router that is very fast, simple, with good features at an affordable price. However, the web interface is very easy to use.
- Can handle 100 Mbps (approx.)
- Very fast, no buffering at all. Even when you are gaming over wireless.
- Easy to configure and minimal input needed.
- Advanced features are available for a lower price.
- Great router for the money.
- There are only 3 Gigabit ports.
- No USB port is available for the external hard drive.
- Can have issues with Xfinity.
- Customer service is not up to the mark.
Motorola MG7700 Modem WiFi Router Combo with Power Boost
Motorola MG7700 Modem WiFi Router Combo can handle up to 800 Mbps internet plan speed. It has a combined wireless AC and Gigabit wired internet connection. This is one of the best routers for gaming routers on our list as it is made with powerful processors. For future-proofing, this router is loaded with features such as dynamic wireless bandwidth management and wireless guest networking.
- It can be used as a better replacement for a rented Xfinity/ Comcast modem or router.
- Fantastic device for handling 100 Mbps speed internet or so.
- Easily covers 2000 sqft area.
- Fast online activation
- Painless setup facility
- Used very powerful processor compare to other
- Hard to get customer support
- Not supported by Spectrum
- Basic routers interface
TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A7)
TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router can handle up to 300 Mbps internet speed plan. So you can pick it to handle 100Mbps without any hesitation. The first thing you would notice about this router is its compact size and compact design. If you compare it with other AC1900 routers, it looks very small in size which is just a bit smaller than other mid-range smartphones. The router looks very compact and sleek.
- JD Power Awarded wireless router in 2017 and 2019
- Compatible with alexa
- Works with almost all ISP
- USB port can be used as a media server
- Good value, affordable and reliable product
- Easy to configure
- Great value for the speed and coverage
- Not ok to play xbox multi-player online games
- Too busy customer support
Data transmission in long-range over the wireless network is a major factor to choose a router. Your chosen router finally must provide you with a smooth speed transmission to your device, especially the games. If you are a gamer must consider the gaming requirements besides the speed handling capacity to choose a router. So, now you have a few variants to decide which router is best for 100 Mbps speed.
The 2.4 GHz router can handle a maximum speed of 150Mbps. Though the range of 2.4 GHz is much broader than 5 GHz.
Yes, 2.4 GHz router supports 100 Mbps without any problem.
It’s not possible. You can get maximum 150 to 180 Mbps on 2.4 GHz.
Definitely. The 2.4 GHz offers a wider range than 5 GHz. 2.4 GHz penetrates walls and roofs and provides good connectivity.
A good wireless router should be from a well-reputed brand, easy to install, provides a good range of signals, has good numbers of device handling capacity, is money worthy, and is long-lasting.
NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming 6-Stream WiFi 6 Router (XR1000) can handle 1000 Mbps.
The speed of 50 Mbps is a very good speed for home or office use. However, if you want to play games on a personal computer or browse the internet at home, you will find that speed of 50 Mbps is not enough.
You can increase your wifi speed by choosing a better channel, keeping the router away from the electronic devices, rebooting the router regular basis, moving the router to a center position, keeping the firmware upgraded, etc.
The fastest WiFi router speed is 11000 Mbps (till this year).
Definitely, ethernet is always faster than WiFi. Ethernet cable is not as sensitive to electromagnetic signals as WiFi. In high-speed Ethernet links, the rate of data transmission can be increased up to two or three times compared to what it can reach in a typical WiFi connection.