So, you are planning to buy an iPhone after waiting for so long stuck with your Android phone. The moment you hold your new iPhone in your hands do you suddenly realize the amount of hassle that would have to go into transferring your WhatsApp data from your Android to your new iPhone. Transferring data from one device to another is never easy, but Whatsapp doesn’t assist you to migrate its data from android to iPhone directly, either.
This might quickly become a source of frustration for you, but hold on. We’ll give you step-by-step instructions on how to transfer Whatsapp from android to iPhone without you having to break a sweat. It is easier than you think. Transfer your Whatsapp from android to iPhone.
The reason this migration can’t be performed directly is that Whatsapp backs up its data to Google Drive in android, and to iCloud in iPhone. We have several workaround ways for this. But first, let me introduce you to an easy-to-use, user-friendly software called MobileTrans.
How to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- 1 Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone and Vice Vesra Using MobileTrans- a Trusted Desktop App
- 2 How to Transfer Whatsapp Android to iPhone Without Using Your Computer
- 3 How to Transfer Data from Android to iPhone Through E-mail
- 4 How to Use Chat Backup to Restore WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- 5 How to Transfer WhatsApp: Final thoughts
Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone and Vice Vesra Using MobileTrans- a Trusted Desktop App
MobileTrans is a desktop software that transfers contacts, photos, messages, videos, etc. from android to iOS and vice versa. More than 50,000,000+ users have confirmed the quality of this application. Not only does it reduce the amount of time consumed in transferring data from one device to another, but it is also compatible with many iOS, Android, and Windows devices. To begin to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone, follow the steps below:
- The first download and install MobileTrans.
- Launch the software and click on ‘WhatsApp Transfer.
- Click on the ‘WhatsApp’ tab and then click on ‘Transfer WhatsApp messages.’
- Now connect both the android device and the iPhone to your computer.
- The software will load all the messages and the media before the transfer can take place.
- Click, to start the transfer. To flip the destination of your transfer of chats and media, click on the ‘Flip’ button on top.
- Wait for the transfer to complete. Try not to touch your phone while the transfer is taking place.
We know now that we would have to require software to assist in transferring our data from Whatsapp android to iPhone and vice versa because it is an approach that consumes less time or none at all compared to the other methods.
However, some people would like this task to get done without them opening their computer. Why should you look for a computer to solve your problem when you have an app right there Google Play that would do the trick?
Wutsapper is an app you can use to transfer your Whatsapp data from android to iPhone by only using your phone.
- Download Wutsapper using Google Play and launch the app. You would see the following display:
- First, Wutsapper will make sure your phone has WhatsApp backup. If it doesn’t have it, Wutsapper will guide you to backup your WhatsApp on your device/phone.
- Use the OTG cable like the one shown below to connect both of your phones.
- Now click ‘Trust’ on both of your android and iOS devices and then enter your phone number in the Wutsapper app.
- Use the Phone number that you used to backup your Whatsapp.
- Now your transfer can begin.
- First, Wutsapper will parse your WhatsApp backup.
- Wait for a while when this completes.
- When the parsing completes, click on ‘Start’ to begin the transfer of your Whatsapp data from android to iPhone.
- Finally, your screen should display ‘Transfer Completed’ which would indicate that your Whatsapp data has been successfully transferred to your iPhone.
Although moving Whatsapp data from android to iPhone is much easier by using various software that would perform this job faster, let us explore a few ways where we don’t have to use a separate tool to download first.
Follow these steps to transfer your WhatsApp messages from android to iPhone:
- Open the WhatsApp app on your android phone.
- Select the three dots at the top right corner and click on ‘Settings.’
- Click on a section called ‘Chats.’
- At the bottom, you will see a section called ‘Chat history.’ Click on it.
- Now select ‘Export chat.’
- Choose the chat that you want to export.
- Now click on the email option and choose whether to email the chat to yourself or someone else by typing in the email address in the address bar.
This method only saves your Whatsapp messages and media for further use. This, however, does not restore your WhatsApp data into your Whatsapp on your iPhone/iOS device.
Every night your WhatsApp chats are backed up and saved in your phone’s memory. To transfer your WhatsApp from Android to iPhone, you can use the chat backup option.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Go to ‘Settings,’ then ‘Chats,’ and then click on ’Chat Backup.’
- Click on ‘Backup Now to begin backing up your data.
- Now download and install Whatsapp on the android device.
- After signing in to your WhatsApp account, a pop-up would prompt you to choose whether you want to restore data from the backup.
- Click on ‘Restore’ and wait till it completes.
All of the above solutions were seen to be concise, easily understood, and could be applied without any hassle. These step-by-step guides are meant to assist readers to solve their problems on their own even if they are not technical experts when it comes to android and iPhones.
From the above solutions, we notice that although all of them were easy to apply, MoileTrans was the best solution offered due to its briskness and user-friendly interface. For people who are always occupied with their work, such as students and businessmen, MobileTrans is software that alleviates their problem of time consumption and provides what other software have failed to provide.