Why you should get a crypto debit card or what are the benefits of crypto debit card?
A crypto debit card is a payment card supported by mainstream payment rails and payment networks like Visa, Mastercard, and American Express but is loaded using cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin.
Many of them can also be loaded using stablecoins like USD Coin (USDC), True USD (TUSD), and Binance USD (BUSD).
These are digital tokens created on the blockchain backed by the US dollar at a ratio of 1:1.
The card provider is usually linked to an exchange that seamlessly converts between crypto and fiat whenever the holder makes a purchase in an online store or a brick-and-mortar store.
Usually, you can also use the card to withdraw funds from ATMs in local fiat currencies.
Over time the list of providers of crypto debit cards has grown.
All of them are registered as money businesses in various jurisdictions and have formal partnerships with commercial banks and global payment networks.
Most crypto debit card providers are exchanges with it as an additional service. Indeed, all major exchanges, including Binance, Coinbase, and Wirex, issue debit cards to their customers (if requested).
A few are launched to offer crypto debit cards as their primary service.
Yet, some are clubs that add the card as part of the concierge service to their members. An example of the latter is ClubSwan.
Many crypto debit card providers ship to most countries and regions of the globe.
While they might not have a local presence in terms of a physical office, the cards work normally, and you can receive all the customer support you might need through the internet.
Why you should get a crypto debit card?
Here are reasons you need to get a crypto debit card in 2023:
- The card allows you to conveniently spend your crypto in any store around the globe that accept Visa and Mastercard. You can also access funds from your crypto wallets through mainstream ATMs. While crypto continues to become mainstream, the number of stores that accept it directly online and offline is still negligible. By getting a crypto debit card, you put yourself in a position to technically and potentially spend your crypto in millions of stores around the globe.
- The card makes it easy to buy more crypto and HODL whenever you need to. Crypto debit cards are now easy-to-use on-ramp and off-ramp platforms for crypto users. One of the major obstacles you are likely to encounter while attempting to accumulate more crypto is the need for an accepted payment method. Many banks around the world are likely to decline payment to a crypto exchange, especially when done across international borders. You are also likely to face very low limits, which might stand in your way of taking advantage of price movement in the markets. By getting a crypto debit card, you will likely get a bank account to which you can easily wire from other bank accounts and then easily use to accumulate more crypto.
- A debit card like that issued by ClubSwan, for example, is designed to provide you with the capability of acquiring and HODLing more crypto as you can perform all the necessary transactions within the provider’s portal. Using the card, you can purchase more crypto and keep your funds in the currency while you know you can swiftly access it whenever you need it.
- The crypto debit card is becoming a means to express your taste. There is a trend towards making debit cards more than just a means for payment and using crypto. Some providers, such as ClubSwan, are making them tools for fashion statements. That is done through their unique designs, some of which can be acquired as intellectual property rights. The other way this is done is through the material they are made of. The average debit card is made of plastic or aluminum. The ones designed to be a means through which you express yourself are made of precious materials such as gold and other similar metals.
- The card can give you access to concierge services, especially if you are always on the move as a traveler. Besides being able to make payments using crypto, buying, and HODLing crypto, and expressing your taste, you can get concierge services when you sign up for some of the debit cards in the market. The services include travel booking and handling access to high-class events.
Hope now you know why you should get a crypto debit card.
Over time crypto debit providers are innovating and offering new solutions that make the services more interesting.
Meanwhile, through this innovation, payment cards are evolving and gaining relevance in the changing financial space.
You must log in to post a comment.