JIRA is the project management software that was launched in the year 2002 as a very basic training platform for software developers. In this article we will cover the comprehensive guide on JIRA Software for beginners. But now JIRA is available in two different kinds of versions for example core, software and service desk. This system has grown to encompass all kinds of project management types and the platform is very much successful in terms of leveraging several kinds of project management skills including the development of software, agile project management, scrum management, content management, professional service management and several other kinds of things.
Following are some of the very basic features associated with the JIRA training and software:
- One of the very basic features of the JIRA is that it comes with a very comprehensive project roadmap that allows the people to have a clear-cut vision of the product which they are creating including the timetable and several other kinds of tasks to be completed. In this way, the executives will be able to present the outline of project development perfectly to all the stakeholders and they can even promote new features and benefits to the consumer base perfectly.
- This concept comes with a detailed reporting system and standardised reporting system that will always cover different kinds of metrics and formats for example control charts, cumulative flowcharts, and one down charts, sprint reports, scrum board tracking and several other kinds of things. This concept is very much capable of providing the organisations with several kinds of additional reporting tools so that there is proper integration all the time.
- JIRA is also very much important for the managers to understand the time spent on different kinds of tasks and issues so that there is no issue in the project life-cycle. It also helps in tracking several kinds of parameters for example working hours per day, per week, different kinds of timing formats and several other kinds of things. It will also offer plenty of integration is a long way more advance the time tracking programs so that there is no issue in the long run.
- This concept also comes with a very comprehensive mobile application that will always allow people to manage their projects and backlogs, create and edit the tasks perfectly so that notifications are received without any kind of issue. Such applications are available for both iOS and Android phones and tablets so that people never miss any of the latest updates associated with the whole process. This concept is exceptionally helpful for the project managers that are constantly on the move because there would be no wastage of time in the whole process and everything will be carried out very efficiently.
- The applications also come with a higher level of safety and security because the organisations always pay proper attention to the offering of high-level security. The very basic thing to be taken into consideration is that project-related details are always protected from unauthorised access and different kinds of things like a high level of integration, two-factor authentication, account permission, password policy control and several other kinds of things have to be implemented in all such cases.
A comprehensive beginner’s guide on JIRA Software including it’s benefits
Quick Benefits of JIRA You cannot miss
The perfect guide on JIRA software covers the specific benefits of this software. There are diverse benefits of JIRA because of which increasing number of companies are using this particular software tool instead of other options in the market. Some of the most impactful benefits of using JIRA are as under.
Affordable and Cost-Effective
You know the pricing of suing JIRA is moderately less than other software of the same. JIRA does not really charge much amount and is available at a cheap rate for the company. Because of this reason, it is more available for companies that possesses just started entering into the world or industry. Moreover, the fees that JIRA money are quite affordable, and you can easily invest in this specific software.
Scalable & Customisable
JIRA offers the space to the users to customize it as per their specific needs. A company can customize the software as per the specific requirement of the project and get outcomes accordingly. One can centralize JIRA for tracking the requirement for small to large size enterprises. Moreover, any sort of company can use JIRA as per their specific requirements. All gratitude to its customizable templates and workflow, one can effortlessly use it in any kind of field.
Another benefit of using JIRA is that an individual can easily use it. Because of its user-friendly interface, a user is more probable to use JIRA instead of other software tools in the market. The interface of JIRA is quite simple to use and understand. Moreover, it offers a wide range of documentation and forums, which makes it convenient for users to learn and get adapted to the tool so. There are even proper tutorials provided by JIRA so that the businesses can understand the working of the software tool and make the best use of it accordingly.
Development is Light Weight
JIRA possesses a light web footprint and can get used in both Linux as well as Windows. JIRA supports diverse commercial databases in the market such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and many more. In addition to that, JIRA even supports web browsers like that of Firefox and Chrome, thus making it easily available for all kinds of works. Here, one does not require to have a specific platform to use JIRA software.
In addition to all this, JIRA is even compatible with diverse types of tools. Some of the tools with which JIRA may easily work effectively are Scrum, Agile, Confluence, and many more. Most of the industries are making the most use of JIRA nowadays due to the features and impressive benefits that this particular software is providing. Companies are slowly switching towards JIRA because it is convenient to understand, and one does not require to have a certification course in order to use this specific software tool. However, having a certification is always a plus. Hence, the JIRA certification is all about having proper access to the right kind of tools and management systems so that concerned people have access to the right kind of blueprint that will help in making important decisions for the business organisations. Overall, hope this guide on JIRA software was useful for you.