How to add my own audio files to apple music on my phone? An iOS streaming service, Apple Music allows users to listen to a gazillion songs / topic oriented lectures. You can use the app to download your favorite tunes and even play them while you’re on offline mode. Moreover, you can also read the lyrics in real-time, curate playlists, discover new music based on your listening history, and listen to music across all iOS device types. If you’re looking for answers to the question, “how to add MP3 to Apple Music on iPhone?” you’ve come to the right place because we have all the correct answers ready for you!
For those of you who own a Windows PC, the task of adding your own audio files to Apple Music can be completed through the iTunes app. Unfortunately, the iTunes app has been discontinued for Mac by the company. Consequently, if you own a Mac, you will need to do this through the Music Library and enable the sync option from your devices to listen to all your tracks on both Mac and iPhone.
However, you might need to do this manually on Mac’s Apple Music app, adding an unnecessary step to the process. This blog will discuss the three ways of adding your own audio files to your iPhone; through Mac’s Apple Music, utilizing iTunes on Windows PC, and through the most convenient, easy-to-use, and the fastest software, WALTR PRO.
Let’s get right to it!
How to Add My Own Audio Files to Apple Music?
- 1 How to Add Audio Files to Apple Music Using Mac?
- 2 How to Add Audio Files to iPhone Using iTunes on Windows?
- 3 Video Guide How to Add My Own Audio Files to Apple Music
- 4 Adding Audio Files to Apple Music Using WALTR PRO
- 5 Conclusion
How to Add Audio Files to Apple Music Using Mac?
While you can convert MP3 audios in Music on Mac, you might notice a difference in quality when converting between compressed formats. The app requires you to import or download the tracks from the source using a different encoding format. It’s also pertinent to mention that you can’t convert iTunes Store purchases if they’re not bought through iTunes Plus.
Here’s how you can add audio files to Apple Music using Mac and sync it into your iPhone:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac using a USB cable or WiFi
- Select the device you’ve connected in the Finder sidebar
- From the button bar, click on Music
- To turn on syncing of your music, click on the “Sync music onto [device name]” checkbox
- You can sync specific genres, albums, artists, and playlists from the menu
- Select the syncing options, and include videos, voice memos, and fill free space with songs
- Click on Apply when you’re ready to sync the selected audio files
How to Add Audio Files to iPhone Using iTunes on Windows?
As mentioned earlier, the iTunes method can only be used by Windows users. However, even using this traditional app involves unnecessary steps that can easily be avoided through the WALTR PRO. For example, those who want their audios on their iPhone will have to first add them to the iTunes library and then add them to their iPhone Music library.
The following are all the steps you need to follow to add your audio files to your iPhone using a Windows PC:
- Launch the iTunes app and select File and Add File to Library or Add Folder to Library
- Click on Open after locating the folder or file that you want to add
- You can also do the same by dragging a folder or file to the iTunes window or using the Import option
- Connect your device [iPhone, in this case] using a USB cable
- You’ll find the device icon in the upper left corner; click on it
- Select the Music option from the list on the left-hand side
- Click on the checkbox for the items you want to sync
- Click the Apply button and wait for the synchronization to complete
- You can also follow the same steps using WiFi to connect the most recent iPhone models
Adding Audio Files to Apple Music Using WALTR PRO
There’s excellent news for those who are frustrated at the number of additional [and honestly unnecessary] steps that we’re presented with when using iTunes or Music on Mac. The WALTR PRO is revolutionary software that makes adding files to your iOS devices a piece of cake. How? By making the process simple, free of complicated settings options, and eliminating all the unnecessary buttons and tabs.
Here’s how to transfer your audios to your iOS device using either of the two devices; Mac and Windows:
1. Download the WALTR PRO App
The WALTR PRO can be downloaded free of cost, and you will also receive a free trial period to test out all its features and offers before committing to anything. Once the download is complete, you can start the installation process. After this, you can watch the onboarding video that explains how the software works. Enter your email address into the WALTR PRO app and enter the trial key you receive in your email.
2. Plus Your iOS Device to Your Windows PC or Mac
Using a USB cable, plug your iPhone or any other iOS device that you want to add your audio files to from your MAC or Windows PC. Next, you’ll need to click on the settings wheel and select the “Enable WiFi Connectivity” option. Doing this will enable you to add music to your iOS device without the USB cable, given both your devices are on the same WiFi network. You can skip this step if you want the WALTR PRO app to only discover your iOS device through the USB cable connection.
3. The Three D’s: Drag, Drop, and Dance!
You can choose to drag and drop the audio files into the WALTR PRO app or click on “Select Files” and browse your Windows PC or Mac to find the specific files or folder you want in your Music Library on iOS devices. The transfer will take a couple of minutes – if not seconds – depending on the transfer size, and voila, the audio files will be synced to your iOS device just like that!
The next step is to open the Music app on your iPhone and play your audio files. It’s seriously as simple as that! Cool, right? So, what are you waiting for? Download the software and see how easy it is yourself!
While the Music app on Mac and the iTunes app on Windows PC both offer file transfer and synchronization for your iOS devices, they over-complicate the process with lengthy steps and unnecessary settings options. The WALTR PRO can do the same in a jiffy using the drag-and-drop method. So, head on to our download page, get your hands on the best, most convenient app, and transfer all your audio files without ever using anything else for conversions! Hope this guide on how to add my own audio files to apple music was useful.