Last updated on December 22nd, 2021 at 02:29 pm.
No one thought of video games as a prospective career option. However, the introduction of esports in the late 2000s gained substantial momentum. So much so the prize of winning this competition could give you a car or an enormous amount of cash.
Esports has evolved from being a time killer hobby for a lot of people. Others prefer to join just to see how the top gamers play, but this in its turn has increased the number of people interested in this competitive market. If you are an esports enthusiast or a legit player, you can get a lot of interesting information from online gaming stats, esports channels, or specialized esports websites. To sum up the concept of eSports lately, it is a mixture of gamers, gaming enthusiasts, prize pools, investors, and sponsorships, each of them willing to win. This immense growth leads to doing many kinds of research to understand what drives the market itself.
According to the Influencer Marketing Hub, video streaming has risen to over 72.4% in recent times. Platforms like Twitch are now more than just streaming services. They have become full-time careers, and if you’re choosing to be a gamer today, the future holds much promise for you. Here’s how.
How Twitch Is Helping Gamers to Become Celebrity?
What Is Twitch?
To understand how this platform works, you need to deep dive into what Twitch is. It is a live streaming platform for gamers that came into existence in 2011. It has about a million users who are all about the gaming industry. Anyone with a webcam can easily make an account and post their activity online. It can also be subjects such as food and music. The best feature about this streaming service is that it has no time limitations. You can stream anywhere from eight hours to longer. If there are any users whose work you enjoy, you can easily subscribe to their content for more.
Since hitting the market, Twitch has partnered with gaming companies such as Blizzard Entertainment and Overwatch league. It means Twitch has not only expanded their outreach but have brought more platforms to gamers to work with. You can read about how to donate on twitch here.
How Have Gamers Become Celebrities?
Having celebrities in the gaming industry is unheard of. However, a celebrity’s definition has been broadening from classic movie and TV show talents to game show celebrities. Here’s how Twitch is paving the path:
- Brought Popularity. Twitch has an impressive viewership rate with over 55 million. With the help of the twitch viewer bot, the algorithm can pick up on the most popular gamer and even award the money as much as $100,000 a year. Not only does that make the headline, but it boosts mainstream gamers in the media sector. Soon most gamers even start to receive sponsorships and advertisement opportunities. They can even ask celebrities to appear in their videos.
- You Can Connect With Your Gamers. Twitch comes with the option of communicating with your users. It eliminates the idea that celebrities are untouchable entities and makes you more familiar with them. Gamers can reach out to their viewers by chatting with them actively and helping them boost their popularity. This is also supporting the gaming industry while making new games, because twitch is helping gamers. Users communicate with gamers in real-time and leave comments. The gaming industry can learn what features are popular with the gamers and what genre they like the most and make more games while providing free demos to gamers.
- Variety of Events. Twitch is more than watching your favorite gamer play for hours. They also cover live tournaments, which is a part of esports. These events come with entertainment, live commentators, and a player’s profile like any sports activity. Through a monthly subscription, you can access these features, be part of the gaming community, and get ahead in action.
- Bullying Free Environment. Cyberbullying is an issue. With online platforms, there is always a risk of getting bullied. Twitch allows some pranks on celebrities. However, moderators make sure it doesn’t get out of hand. Some tricks may be so famous that other tonight live shows might also incorporate them in their program as it is happening in a controlled environment. As a twitch celebrity, you have nothing to fear.
- It Has Become A New Career. Internet gamers are moving beyond their gaming world, and some may even star in movies or get invited to talk shows. The more successful they become as gamers, the more they may land international opportunities and star in foreign talk shows or game shows. Not only do you receive money, but your sponsors also take care of your needs and prevent you from using your money.
- You Can Form Communities. Think of a digital book club. People like knowing there are spaces where they can discuss their favorite games with their gamers. Games now have more than just hours of playable fun. Some come with hidden Easter eggs, backstories, merchandise, and books too. On forums, not only can you make friends, but you can also learn more about the genres you like and explore more about them. Video games are also attracting the attention of mainstream Hollywood. An example is a game like silent hill, which became a movie. With so many perks to explore with this sizable industry, it is no wonder it has gained so much momentum.
Benefits to Gamers
Suppose you’re considering a career as a gamer. It would help if you gave it more thought. Services such as Twitch offer many shiny incentives to get you on board with the industry. Here’s how Twitch is helping and can benefit you start your career:
- Free Twitch Channel Subscription. When you sign up to twitch, you receive a channel subscription every 30 days to use on any channel-specific subscriber. You can unlock perks such as chatting, emoticons, and badges.
- Free Games Every Month. As a gamer, you need to have access to a broad audience. While you’re paying for games, you get dibs on any new game that hits the market right away.
- Exclusive Features. There is more to games than just regular gameplay. There are now extension packages such as new outfits, new characters, recent playable locations, and features normal users will generally have to pay for.
The gaming industry is more than just plugging on a gaming console and amusing yourself. It has become a career and an intelligent way to make money. If you become a professional player, the perks of being part of this community are endless. One such platform is Twitch. Twitch is helping and allows users to turn from a gaming sensation to a celebrity. You can make a reputation for yourself in this industry and change the idea of modern gaming as a whole. So in your list of new potential careers, why not take gaming for a spin?