There are many essential tools and kits that are important when the question goes about cell phone repair. As a mobile phone repair technician, you know that having the best soldering station is essential to your success. After all, a good soldering station can make all the difference in whether or not you are able to fix a phone. But with so many soldering stations on the market, how do you know which one is right for you? Before start digging into the fact – best soldering station for mobile repairing, let’s clarify the concept of a soldering station for beginners.
What is a soldering station?
What is the soldering station for? A soldering station is a tool that is used to solder components and wires together. Is soldering station necessary? Yes, it is an essential tool for mobile phone repair technicians. Not only for cell phone repair but soldering stations are also used in electronics and other industries. The soldering station meaning is derived from the Swedish word “solderare” which means “a person who solders”.
A good soldering station should have the following features:
– Temperature control
– Well-lit work area
– Good quality components
– Non-stick surface
– Holds an adequate amount of solder
– Comes with a variety of tools
According to the soldering station definition, a soldering station consists of an iron and a heating element. The iron is used to melt the solder onto the wires or components that you are trying to connect.
Now that you know what a soldering station is, it’s time to look at the different types of soldering stations available on the market. There are a lot of different types of soldering stations on the market, so it can be hard to decide which one is the best for you. But don’t worry, we’re here to help.
Before that, let’s look into how the soldering station functions.
How does a soldering station function?
A soldering station is used to solder wires and components together. When you are trying to solder two pieces of metal, the heat from the soldering station melts the solder onto the wires. This allows you to connect the wires together. Soldering works best when the work area is well-lit and the temperature is controlled.
What are the types of soldering?
There are three main types of soldering: joint, surface, and point.
Joint soldering is when you are trying to solder two pieces of metal together.
Surface soldering is when you are trying to solder two pieces of metal to a surface.
Point soldering is when you are trying to solder two points together.
What type of solder is strongest?
There is no one type of solder that is stronger than the other. It depends on the type of solder and the metals that you are using.
What are the disadvantages of soldering?
There are a few disadvantages to soldering. One disadvantage is that it can be tricky to do correctly. Another disadvantage is that it can be dangerous if you don’t use the correct tools.
Different types of Soldering Station
There are three main types of soldering stations: the desktop soldering station, the portable soldering station, and the hand-held soldering station.
The desktop soldering station is the most common type of soldering station. It is usually a large machine that you can sit in front of. This type of soldering station is the best option if you want to do a lot of soldering.
The portable soldering station is a smaller version of the desktop soldering station. It is usually shorter so that you can carry it around with you.
The hand-held soldering station is the smallest type of soldering station. It is usually small enough to fit in your hand.
Digital soldering station
What is a digital soldering station? A digital soldering station is a type of soldering station that uses a computer to control the temperature. This type of soldering station is perfect if you want to do a lot of soldering in a short amount of time. The temperature range of digital soldering stations is wider than other types of soldering stations.
Let’s get familiar with a popular Digital Soldering Station.
Weller WE1010NA Digital Soldering Station
As a digital soldering station, Weller WE1010NA is a superb and affordable choice for those who are looking for a great quality digital soldering station.
This Weller WE1010NA digital soldering station is great for hobbyists, makers, and professionals who are looking for a quality digital soldering station at an affordable price.
Weller is a brand from Mexico which produce this device of 5.51 pounds and 5.91 inch x 8.86 inch x 12.4 inch of dimensions.
This Weller WE1010NA digital soldering station comes with all the features that you need to get started in digital soldering.
The package of the Weller WE1010NA provides a We1 station 120V, a Wep70 tip retainer, a Wep70 iron, PH70 safety rest with sponge, and Eta tip 0.062inch/1.6 millimeter screwdriver.
This tool is temperature stable within +/- 4⁰f, 2⁰c.
This digital station’s temperature lock protects tips and components.
It provides consistently high-quality soldering results that are repeatable.
You will love:
- This high-performance 70W soldering iron is easy to handle and comes with a heat-resistant silicon cable for safe handling.
- It allows up to 900 degrees Fahrenheit to handle multiple projects
- Replicable heating element
- Comes with a variable power control dial
- Great design with quality light-weight pencil iron
- Awesome build quality with quality material
- Brilliant Temperature control
- ESD safe
- Perfect accuracy
- The sleep mode feature is just fantastic
You will not love:
- Made from plastic body which is not so durable
- Comes with 1 year of warranty only
Should I get a soldering iron or station?
What is the difference between a soldering iron and a soldering station? The difference between a soldering iron and a soldering station is that a soldering iron is a handheld tool that you use to heat up the metal. A soldering station is a larger machine that you use to solder the wires together. It is important to get the right type of soldering station for the job that you are doing. So you have to pick the right tool according to your job.
How to Choose the Best Soldering Station for Mobile Repairing?
Should I buy a soldering station? Which soldering station is best for mobile phone repair? So, now that you know what a soldering station is, it’s time to decide which one is right for you.
When you are choosing a soldering station, the first thing you need to consider is your own needs. How do I choose a soldering station? What makes a good soldering station? What should I look for in a soldering station? Get the answers now!
There are a few factors to consider when choosing the best soldering station for mobile repair:
- The wattage of the soldering station: The first thing to consider is the wattage of the soldering station. The wattage of the soldering station will determine how hot the iron can get. The higher the wattage of the soldering station, the hotter the iron can get.
- The type of solder that is used: The type of solder is a key factor to choose a soldering station for mobile repairing.
- The type of component that is being soldered: A soldering station should be chosen considering the type of component that is being soldered.
- The temperature of the soldering station: The temperature range of a soldering station is one of the most important factors. The working temperature control of a soldering station is very important for mobile phone repair.
- The design of the soldering station.
- Heat gun: A good soldering station must have a heat gun. A heat gun is a tool that helps you to heat up the metal.
- Pliers: A good soldering station should have pliers. Pliers are very important for mobile phone repair because they help you to hold the component while you are soldering it.
Considering the above factors, you have to choose reputed soldering station manufacturers to choose your perfect soldering station model.
Best soldering station for mobile repairing
1. YIHUA 862BD+ SMD ESD Safe 2 in 1 Soldering Iron Hot Air Rework Station °F /°C with Multiple Functions
This soldering station is a great tool for Cellphone / Laptop Repair.
Let’s check its specifications closely:
The rated power is 750W.
The weight of this tool is 7.7lbs.
Dimension: L6.2 inches X W7.3 inches X H4.9 inches ± 0.2 inches.
The voltage of this tool is 110V~127V / AC 60Hz.
Display: Triple LED Display and LED Dual Temperature display.
Storage temperature: -4~176℉/ -20~80℃.
Storage humidity: 35％~45％.
Operating temperature: 32~104℉/ 0~40℃.
Airflow: Brushless motor with smooth air delivery with 120L/min (maximum) Airflow capacity.
This soldering station comes complete with a roll of lead-free solder (0.8mm 35g), hot air nozzles (assorted), iron tips (assorted), solder sucker, pair of ESD-safe tweezers, iron holder (with rosin & brass wool ball), cleaning sponge and IC extractor.
The Zilog Dual Core Microcomputer Processor heats up in a flash and works like a charm. It allows changing temperature units from centigrade to Fahrenheit and vice versa.
It has highly efficient PID Temperature Control Technology.
Air Gun runs manual/automatic mode. The automatic function of the air gun is a safety measure that ensures the heat is automatically cut off when the gun is in its holder.
Hot air gun and soldering iron temperature are displayed on two blue LED digital displays for precision, and airflow is displayed on one blue digital display (20-80).
The product comes with 1 Year of Warranty (USA Exclusive).
You will love:
- Easy to use
- Value for money – 5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality for the price range
- Temperature Control
- Soldering iron sleep mode
- Provides stable working temperature
- Heavy-duty soldering station
- Lightweight design
- Perfect for phone repair work
- Soldering station with a hot air gun
- Made of Plastic, Steel.
You will not love:
- No manual available
2. GOWE 2 in 1 Hot Air SMD Rework Soldering Station Desoldering Station
The GOWE 2 in 1 Hot Air SMD Rework Soldering station is a versatile tool that can be used as a heat gun or a soldering station.
The hot air station can be used for desoldering bad components of a PCB, while the soldering iron is used for repairs.
The hot air station can desolder bad components off a PCB, while the soldering iron can be used for repairs. The hot air station can also be used for repairing damaged components on a PCB. The GOWE has three different knobs that control the temperature of the hot air, the volume of hot air, and the temperature of the soldering iron.
Weight: 1 KG;
Voltage: 230 Volts;
Input voltage: 220V +-10% 60Hz;
Output Power: 700W;
Temperature Range: 100°C~500°C;
Air Flow: 120L/min (max);
You will love:
- The GOWE is a great choice for anyone who needs both a hot air gun and a soldering iron, as it is a versatile and multi-use unit.
- The digital display of this tool is just awesome. Users can control the temperature as per need.
- In order to repair a cell phone, you will need to remove the defective parts from the circuit board and then solder on the new ones.
- The hot air gun and soldering iron each have their own LED display to show the temperature readout.
- The GOWE hot air gun can be outputting between 0.3 and 24L per minute.
- The ceramic heating element of this tool leads to rapid heating.
You will not love:
- Not found yet.
3. GOWE 3A Mobile Phone Repairing 3 In 1 Soldering Station/Rework Stations
The GOWE 3A Mobile Phone Repairing 3-in-1 Soldering Station is a fantastic tool with a hot air rework, soldering station, and power supply 3-in-1 multifunctional tool. This soldering station is great for customer testing, maintenance, welding, and other demolition work.
The rated voltage of this tool is 230V, AC 220V +-10% 50HZ.
The total power is 810W +-10% (Maximum).
Allowable work environment 0 to 50 degrees centigrade.
Output voltage: 0-15V
Output power: 15W / 30W /45W.
It comes with the main unit, gun, power cord, soldering iron, soldering iron holder, gun frame, testleadest cable, 4 nozzles, and 1 pcs IC picker.
You will love:
- Dual CPU control
- LED accurate display which shows the real-time temperature of the current work
- Its stability and longer life make it a better value than similar products.
- The rapid temperature compensation enhances the temperature stability, making it ideal for use in harsh environments.
- Ceramic skeleton made the Air gun heater long-lasting.
- The high-quality brushless fan has a standard life of 30,000 hours.
- Use high-temperature resistant silicone lines to handle cable.
- The iron heater is made from high-power heating elements.
- Also great for high-strength, high-temperature, large spot welding.
- It comes with a strong Power supply of 15V 3A.
- This feature is great for mobile phone maintenance, commissioning of production lines, laboratories and other occasions because it has short circuit protection and an auto recovery circuit that provides full maintenance functions.
You will not love:
- A bit pricy.
4. Accta 301 Hot Air Digital Rework Soldering Station Iron Hot Air Gun 450W, 220V for Cell Phone Repair – B01GOFU8LK
Accta 301 Hot Air Digital Rework Soldering Station is another great device for Cell Phone repair. It is a great tool for customer testing, maintenance, welding, and other demolition work.
It comes with below features and benefits:
- The power consumption of this device is 450 watts, the hot air gun power is 350 watts, and the soldering iron power is 50 watts. The power input is 220 volts.
- The hot air gun has a temperature range of 80 to 480 degrees Celsius, while the soldering iron has a temperature range of 80 to 480 degrees Celsius.
- A microprocessor-controlled system with a real-time temperature display, the soldering iron heats up in as little as 12 seconds and is compatible with Hakko 900M standard replacement soldering tips.
- This Soldering iron is accurate to within ±5 °C.
- The ceramic soldering iron heating element is powered by a turbine blower air pump.
You will love:
- It’s easy to use.
- It’s durable and long-lasting.
- The ultra-compact device is perfect for those who want a small, powerful device.
- It’s a microprocessor-controlled system.
- A real-time temperature display shows the current temperature.
- Temperature monitoring is possible when the tip is in contact with the surface.
- Analog adjusting potentiometers are used to control temperature parameters.
- Hot air gun overheating protection: the hot air gun automatically shuts off when it gets too hot.
- The soldering iron features temperature accuracy within ±5°C and a maximum heat-up time of 12 seconds.
- Hakko 900M standard replacement soldering tips are compatible with soldering irons.
You will not love:
- The power cord may sometimes need to be disconnected and replaced.
Best soldering station for electronics
Many people search for the best soldering station for small electronics devices for repairing. You may check below soldering station for electronic devices.
Soldering AC 220V 18W Adjustable Mobile Phone Board Computer Repair Welding Machine Tool Thermostatic Soldering Station Solder Iron Power
This Soldering station was released by Occus, packaged including 1 Anti-static temperature welding unit, 1 Iron handle, and 1 Iron spiral iron frame. Also includes the User manual. This station is perfect for cell phone board or computer board repair.
It’s a 936I 220V 18W Thermostatic Electric Soldering Iron Mini Solder Station which is Anti-static and comes with adjustable temperature, and climate control. Occus released this station with fuselage skin beige body.
Iron Voltage: 24V / DC
Required Power: 18W
The Input voltage of this soldering station is 220V.
The output temperature is 210-400 DEGREES.
It comes with high-temperature stability.
Electric iron heating range: 200C ~ 480C
Temperature stability: 1C / 2C
You will love:
- Compact design
- Display Type Indicator
- The stainless iron heating core formula
- Thin iron handle, comfortable to hold and work (16cm long; with 87cm power cable)
- The standard special tip I tip (It’s mounted on iron)
You will not love:
- No temperature display
- No hot air gun
Best soldering station for professional
8898D SMD Hot Air Rework Soldering Iron Station For Phone PCB IC SMD BGA Welding Repair Tools
This is a professional soldering station great for phone PCB IC SMD BGA Welding Repair, laptop repair, and circuit boards.
It has many great features for professional works. This is a microcomputer-controlled tool with a digital LED display for hot air and soldering iron temperatures.
The package includes a 2in1 Soldering Station Unit, Holder, Air Nozzles, Hot Air Gun of 450W, Soldering Iron of 60W, Stand, and Power cable.
It weighs 2.64 pounds.
This soldering station from Yarboly boasts high power, quick warming-up, temperature stabilization, and air-tightness, for a long-lasting, low-noise experience.
You will love:
- The handle of the machine has inductance, so it will start working as soon as you take it off the shelf. When you return the handle to the shelf, the machine will automatically stop.
- Comes with a digital LCD display
- This soldering iron is perfect for SOIC, CHIP, QFP, PLCC, BGA, and other temperature-sensitive components.
- The versatile cell phone repair kit is perfect for repairing laptops, circuit boards, and soldering.
- Great air gun heater.
- Suitable for unsoldering multiple components
You will not love:
- Not perfect for beginner
Best soldering station for beginners/hobbyists
If you are looking for the best soldering station for beginners or the best soldering station for hobbyists, we will recommend you below the product.
Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station – B000AS28UC
Weller WLC100 40W soldering station is a very popular, quality, lightweight pencil iron which is a perfect choice for beginners. This soldering iron has a cushioned foam grip that provides extended comfort during long-term projects.
You will love:
- The Weller-certified ST3 iron-plated tip provides long-lasting performance and consistent results.
- A built-in soldering holder ensures your pencil is always within reach, and a cleaning sponge ensures your soldering area is always clean.
- This soldering station is tested and ensures independent safety standards.
- The quality of the material is great.
- A great choice for beginners and as well as hobbyists. Solid DIY / hobbyist soldering station for occasional use.
- Temperature control is great.
- It’s Ergonomic and worth the money
- Intuitive navigation
- Easy tip change
- Easy to handle performance iron
- Gets the soldering faster
You will not love:
- No display provided
- No hot air gun provided
Solder tips for beginners
There are a few things you need to know before starting soldering.
Firstly, you need to be sure that the iron is properly heated before beginning.
Secondly, you should use a low temperature to minimize the chance of damaging the component.
Thirdly, you should use a moderate Solder joint.
Finally, take your time and make sure all the steps are followed correctly in order to get the best results.
Where to buy a soldering station?
Once you have chosen your perfect soldering station, now you can think about buying places or stores to buy it. Basically, you can buy it from any of your local electronics tools stores or online store.
How to use a soldering station?
Using a soldering station is not a very tough task. But the important thing is, you have to know the device repairing well. If you are great in your required device repairing, you can easily use any soldering station. If you got a new station that has many features, just read its manual before starting working, set its default parameters as soldering station temperature setting and you can start using it.
In most cases, just you have to power on the station, attach the components you want to solder, and use the heat gun to melt the solder. When both the component and the soldering iron are heated up, just hold the component against the iron and apply light pressure while moving the iron in a circular motion.
For desoldering, simply use a small amount of solder on the component and place it on the desoldering sponge. Apply heat to the component and desolder it from the board. Soldering tasks can be quite time-consuming, so take your time and make sure everything is done correctly the first time. Consistent temperature and heat can make the whole process much simpler.
What to do and not to do when soldering?
There are some do’s when soldering, must be followed:
- Always check the iron is properly heated before beginning.
- Use a low temperature to minimize the chance of damaging the component.
- Make sure all the steps are followed correctly in order to get the best results.
- Take your time and make sure everything is done correctly the first time.
There are some don’ts after soldering:
- Don’t touch the component with your hands while soldering. Use a clean, dry tool instead.
- Do not use too much heat when soldering. It can damage the component.
- Do not use cold solder. It will not flow well and you may end up with a poor joint.
- Do not overheat the component. Overheating can cause the component to crack.
- Do not overfill the component. Overfilling can cause the component to overheat and fail.
- Do not use a solder that is too hot. It can cause the component to deform.
- Do not use a solder that is too cold. It will not flow well and you may end up with a poor joint.
Maintenance Tips to Increase the Life of Soldering Station
There are some maintenance tips to enhance the life of soldering stations:
- First and foremost, always clean the station after use. This includes removing any solder residue, flux, or other materials.
- Secondly, make sure the soldering iron is properly maintained. Inspect it for damage and clean it if necessary.
- Thirdly, keep the component temperature as low as possible when soldering. This will help to avoid damage to the component.
- Fourthly, use a light touch when soldering. Too much pressure can cause damage to the component.
- Fifthly, use the correct soldering tips for the job. Failure to do so can lead to problems such as inaccurate soldering, improper heat distribution, and even component failure.
- Finally, use a desoldering station when needed. Desoldering can be a difficult and time-consuming task, so make sure you have the right tool for the job.
How to do soldering without soldering wire?
There are a few ways to do soldering without the use of solder wire:
One way is to use a desoldering pump. This allows you to apply heat to the component and remove it from the board without the use of solder.
Another way is to use a soldering iron with a melting point lower than the component. This will allow you to melt the solder and attach the component to the board.
And finally, you can use a soldering wick. This allows you to apply heat to the component and solder it to the board without the use of solder.
The soldering station not heating up!
What to do when the soldering station not heating up?
If your soldering station is not heating up, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the issue:
- First, make sure the power to the station is turned on and connected to the correct outlet.
- Second, make sure the iron is plugged into the outlet and properly plugged into the wall.
- Third, make sure the wire connecting the iron to the station is properly connected.
- Fourth, make sure the tip of the iron is clean and free of debris.
- Fifth, make sure the solder is melted and flowing properly.
- Sixth, make sure the component is properly placed on the board.
- Seventh, make sure the component is properly soldered to the board.
If all of these steps fail to resolve the issue, you may need to replace the soldering station.
Soldering station calibration procedure
What is the soldering station calibration procedure?
The soldering station calibration procedure is a simple process that helps to ensure accurate soldering:
- First, you should verify that the temperature of the soldering iron is accurate. This can be done by measuring the temperature at different points on the iron tip.
- Second, you should verify that the voltage is correct. This can be done by measuring the voltage at different points on the outlet.
- Third, you should verify that the current is correct. This can be done by measuring the current at different points on the outlet.
- Fourth, you should verify that the wattage is correct. This can be done by measuring the wattage at different points on the outlet.
- Fifth, you should verify that the time is correct. This can be done by measuring the time at different points on the outlet.
- Sixth, you should verify that the temperature is consistent across the board. This can be done by placing a known-good component on the board and measuring the temperature of the soldering iron.
For accurate soldering, you can follow the calibration procedure.
Soldering and welding are not the same. Welding is done by using a filler metal, such as tungsten, to create a weld between two pieces of metal. Soldering is done by using a small amount of heat and solder to join two pieces of metal.
No, you cannot get lead poisoning from touching solder.
A paperclip can be used as a temporary conductor to solder wire together, but it is not recommended for long-term use as a soldering tool.
Super glue is not a good choice for electrical connections because it can easily pull apart the wire insulation. Solder is a better option because it is more reliable and it has a longer lifespan.
Aluminum foil for soldering can be used in a pinch, but it is not recommended because it can cause a fire.
Wire nuts are cheaper and easier to use, but soldering is more reliable. Both methods have their advantages and disadvantages. Soldering is more reliable, but wire nuts are cheaper.
Definitely! There is no harm in soldering electrical wires. In fact, it is a common practice to solder wires together when they are being connected to a circuit board or other electronic device.
Yes, steel rods can be soldered. It is important to use a flux core solder for this type of welding, as it will help to prevent the rods from oxidizing.
Yes, it is important to wash your hands after soldering. Soldering irons and other equipment can contain traces of lead and other metals, which can be harmful if ingested.
You must log in to post a comment.