Are you worried about changing business name on Facebook? Here we will provide you the answer to your questions. Let’s begin!
Changing business name on Facebook Page – Learn How?
- 1 Can you change your business page name on Facebook?
- 2 The Ans to How to perform changing business name on the Facebook page
- 3 The reason behind you don’t get to see the Edit option for changing business name on Facebook
- 4 How to see your page role on Facebook?
- 5 What types of page names are allowed on Facebook?
- 6 Guide to How do I change the name of my Facebook page with more than 200 likes?
- 7 Conclusion
Can you change your business page name on Facebook?
Well, the good news is yes; you can do changing business name on Facebook Page, but the bad news is, “JUST FOR ONCE.” A few years back, it was not possible to do it, but now it is possible to change. By the way, you will need approval from Facebook. If Facebook approves the name you want to use instead of the previous one, then you can change the name. So, you have to be careful before choosing a name because you can only change once.
The Ans to How to perform changing business name on the Facebook page
Changing business name on Facebook is not always easy, but here we will try to make it easier for you. You have to go through some steps for changing business name on Facebook as follows.
- Step 1: Open a browser
- Step 2: Go to your page
- Step 3: Look at the left and Click on About
- Step 4: After that, you will see the name of your page in the middle of category and username. Click Edit which is on the right side of your page name
- Step 5: Then you have to enter a new page name and click Continue
- Step 6: Now, review your request and Click on Request change
- This is the Page name you want for the rest of the life of your Page. At this moment, changing business name on Facebook is allowed once.
- Your Fan page is 100% submissive with Facebook Terms of Service. Your Page could be shut down if Facebook scrutinizes it.
The reason behind you don’t get to see the Edit option for changing business name on Facebook
- You don’t have a page role that helps you to change the name of your Facebook page. (how to see your page role, look below)
- You or another Admin of your page might change the name of your Facebook page recently
- This option might not be available where your location is
- Your page might have limits
How to see your page role on Facebook?
Your page role determines what you can do on your page. To find your role:
- At the top of your page Click Settings
- In the left column select Page Roles
What types of page names are allowed on Facebook?
Page names must precisely imitate the Page. Bear in mind that only authorized representatives can manage a Page for an organization, a brand, place or public figure.
Your Page’s name cannot include
- Terms or phrases that might be abusive or can violate.
- Improper capitalization is not You must use grammatically correct capitalization. You cannot include all capital letter except acronyms.
- Unnecessary punctuation or symbols like (example: ®)
- You cannot use a long description like a slogan. The admin or moderator of the page can add this information in About
- Misleading words are not allowed. If a Page is not the official Page of an organization, a brand, place, or public figure, the Page name cannot mislead others into thinking it is an official Page or that an approved representative manages it.
- You cannot include the variation of the name Facebook.
Page names cannot consist of only
- Generic words (example: pizza). The Authorized representative must manage your pages of the topics they are about.
- Your page names cannot contain general geographic location like New York. However, you can give a page name for an organization which represents a geographic location. For instance, New York City- Mayor’s Office and “ Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain” are acceptable.
Guide to How do I change the name of my Facebook page with more than 200 likes?
Until now, if your page has more than 200 likes, it might be difficult for you to change the name of your page on facebook. Here, is good news for you because you can put a request to Facebook through the Admin Panel. If the permission is granted, you will be able to change the name of your page no matter how much likes your page has.
The process for changing business name on facebook with more than 200 likes:
- Go to the Admin Panel
- Choose Edit page and then Update Public info
- Go to name about halfway down the page in basic section info
- Change the name in the Edit section if less than 200 likes
- Select the request change link if more than 200 likes
- Tick the Box “I understand the formatting guidelines for my Page’s new name.”
- Choose the correct option under “Your Page name currently represents.”
- Now, tick the box of “I would still like to change my Page name. I have documentation to demonstrate this change.”
- Enter the page name you want to
- Then enter the purpose of the name change from the drop down
- Upload proper documentation such as a utility bill or phone bill
Note: If your request has been approved, Facebook will let you know within a few days hopefully. Just for one time this process will work so be careful. If you change your page name once, you will not be able to change it again.
From the entire article, we can understand that changing business name on Facebook is possible. However, it is possible for just once so that you have to be very careful doing that. Thank you so much for reading the entire article. Any kind of recommendation, change of Facebook’s terms and conditions or your opinion about the article is acceptable. Give comments below to let us know your opinion. Take care and spread the goodness.
You might also like: