The technology for GPS tracking device has improved significantly over the past few years, and consumers now have a range of choices and specialized devices and software. You may use GPS tracking devices for people, possessions, or pets. Trackers such as the SPOT and DeLorme featured here are for outdoor adventurers, while devices such as the Pocketfinder or Amber Alert are affordable and easy-to-use options for families. Free apps for iPhone or Android operating system phones are featured here as well. You can find a great cellphone tracker app here.
SPOT carries a range of GPS tracking device designed for outdoor trekkers. They may include two-way satellite communications and emergency beacons.
– 100% satellite technology.
– Unlimited tracking.
– Global SOS – one button sends a signal to your location to the GEOS international response center.
– Check-in lets your family and friends know your location and text message globally.
– SPOT assist lets your team know you need help but not from GEOS.
– Waterproof and durable.
Your iPhone already comes with a high-quality GPS tracking feature such as a family and friend tracker app. Find My Friends
Apple’s Free Find My Friends App is a Proficient Tracker
Apple’s free Find My Friends app lets you control who sees your location, and when. It’s great for amusement parks, the beach, ski slopes and more.
– See your family and friends’ locations on a map. Multiple locations at once.
– See others’ locations in satellite view.
– Set location and geofence alerts for kids.
– Track on multiple Apple devices including desktop and laptop.
GPS Tracking Device: The Amber Alert ($125) is designed for Families
Amber Alert is designed for parents to keep track of their children.
– Location information is updated every five minutes.
– Two-way calling to get in touch with your children with one button.
– Set up safety zones and speed limit notifications.
– Alert multiple persons at the same time.
– Silent mode for school and other no-tone environments.
Pocketfinder ($129) is a Versatile Tracker for People, Pets, and Possessions
Pocketfinder offers a range of models suitable for people, pets, and possessions. Pocketfinders are compact, durable, and easy to clip on a backpack. Pocketfinders are managed via a smartphone app or by computer.
– Pocketfinder is just the size of an Oreo cookie.
– Manage multiple devices with the app.
– Real-time location within a few feet.
– Up to five days of battery life.
– Set custom zones.
This locator is a very thin locator for possessions- even your car works with Bluetooth technology rather than GPS, and the range is limited. Remember, here Bluetooth doesn’t mean cellular or satellite charge.
– So small it fits on a key fob.
– Economical for multiple possession tagging.
– Tile – “network” means others might help you locate your stuff.
– Easy to use free companion app.
The InReach Explorer is a multi-featured, weatherproof, durable tracker for hard-corps outdoors people.
– Create and view detailed routes including waypoints and GPS tracks.
– Built-in digital compass.
– Send and receive a text message and GPS coordinates worldwide.
– Adjustable global tracking intervals.
– Global SOS with GPS location to a 24/7 search and rescue centre.
– Plans that let you suspend service (and service fees) when you are not on a trip.
Android Phones Have Their Own Free GPS Tracker
Android phones have their own free GPS tracker from Greenalp.
– Capture your GPS track to show and share.
– Real-time tracking for family and friends you select.
– Embed your map into your website or blog.
– Use an old inexpensive Android OS phone as a GPS tracking device and follow it on your good phone via the app.
A good GPS tracking device can help us from different aspects of life. Sometimes it saves life. Overall GPS tracking devices made the life easier and safer.
You might also like