If you’re keen on increasing your brand’s exposure, the good news is there are now many ways for you to achieve such. On top of the traditional marketing methods, one of the most effective means nowadays is to hold events. There’s nothing that beats the exposure events can have as well as its power to drive people in. So, if you want to increase your brand exposure, hosting events is the way to go.
To achieve your intended results for increased brand exposure, it’s important to be able to market your event strategically using the best event management software and all other means you can utilize. You need to get the word out about it, create some buzz, and ultimately reach your target audience. This takes quite an effort, but with the promising results
can bring in increasing your brand’s exposure, it’s definitely worth it.
With that said, here are three event marketing tips that’ll give your brand more exposure:
1. Promote Your Event On Social Media
Social media marketing is a very powerful strategy when it comes to event marketing. The reason for this goes back to the fact that many individuals spend a lot of their time tinkering on their social media accounts. The rise of advanced smartphones paved the way for easy access to one’s account, even when on the go. So, it makes sense why you should leverage the power of social media to get the word out about your event.
Here’s how you can successfully boost your event attendance through social media marketing:
- Create a Facebook event and share it. Facebook events don’t just get the word out, but it also contains all the necessary information your attendees should know about.
- Have an event hashtag. Whenever you post about your event on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, don’t forget to end the post with your event’s hashtag. Hashtags are all over social media, and it’s an effective way to widen your reach.
- Post a countdown on Instagram stories. This is a very effective way to create hype regarding your event. It also brings that sense of urgency when the timer is running out, so the need to immediately sign up for the event or purchase a ticket is there.
2. Set Up A Website
Apart from using social media to your advantage, you can’t go wrong with using a website for this purpose. Setting up a site solely for your event enables you to have more focus such that attendees can find all the information they need on your website. It should also be on the platform where attendees can sign up and purchase tickets, if there are any for sale.
To ensure your event’s website meets its purpose, be mindful of the following:
- Have pop-ups on your website to encourage the website visitors to type in their name, mobile phone number, and email if they wish to be notified of any updates regarding your event.
- Use engaging images such as photos of the guests, speakers, artists, or even the event’s host.
- Create videos and post them on your website as a part of your event marketing tips , especially that videos are failproof in capturing the attention of Internet users. Not many individuals browsing through your site will have the patience to go through lengthy text or content, but many would rather choose to go watch videos.
- Provide an easy checkout when an event attendee has chosen to buy any of your brand’s and event’s merchandise or even the ticket itself.
3. Engage Attendees Through Email Marketing
Email marketing is another way to keep your attendees engaged. Like short message service (SMS), emails are a personal form of communication that your recipients are less likely to miss. To be successful with email marketing, you have to pair this strategy with the point above on having pop-ups for your website. It’s through the pop-ups that you can build your list of potential contacts to send email and marketing messages to.
Email marketing is a powerful strategy, for as long as you get it right. A good tip is to include an option for RSVP to your event from the email message itself. This creates more convenience for your target attendees such that there’s no longer a need to open another window to do so, as well as to get information about your event more conveniently.
Should there be any updates and promos, for instance, it’s also through email marketing that you can successfully keep your attendees engaged. Along with that, here are other useful tips for email marketing that you can apply:
- Be personal to avoid your email from sounding too spammy. If you can take the time to address the attendees by their names, it’s worth going that extra mile.
- Automate your email campaigns, so you can achieve positive results like improving the efficiency of your emails and increasing conversion rates.
- Write compelling subjects, so your email will be opened by the receivers and not just sent directly on their junk or spam folder.
- Encourage your recipients to reply by having a clear call-to-action or other worth-it incentives for signing up to your event.
As a rule of thumb, make sure to send your emails at a time when you think the recipients are active. Don’t message in the evening to prevent any disturbance.
As you can see, there are many things that you can do to make event marketing work to your advantage. Remember that the purpose of coming up with an event is to increase brand exposure. You don’t have to go through the whole process of event marketing tips all by yourself. If you’re unsure how to pull it off, there are experts you can always hire to take the guessing out of the equation and ensure a higher likelihood of a successful event. When you notice an increase in the number of customers coming into your business, that’s when you know for sure that your event was a success. Consider the ideas mentioned here as you plan and prepare.