Although tools like video calling and instant messaging have become commonplace in the digital age of today’s modern world, conference calls remain the cornerstone when it comes to business communication. However, with the sheer number of meetings that draw together people from diverse geographic locations, different departments, and even clientele, it can often be a struggle to keep track of everything that happens on every call. It is for this reason that captioning and transcribing solutions like Verbit are increasingly becoming popular. And in this article, we’ll discuss some of the advantages that they yield and why it makes sense to invest in these solutions. Keep on reading to learn more.
Find the desired information quickly
A web conference isn’t just an excellent way to exchange information, brainstorm for ideas, train and update essential personnel, and conduct meetings with both upper management and clients alike. However, when you consider that these calls generally last between thirty minutes to an hour, listening through the entire recordings for specific information will eat up a considerable amount of time and cause some frustration. However, having the transcription of the conference will allow you to get the point of the call that you want without having to slowly skim through everything.
These days, it isn’t surprising to see the increasing importance of accessibility, especially when it comes to web conferences. And through transcribing and captioning, you’ll enable those with hearing problems and other disabilities to participate and understand the content in the same way that everyone does. However, the benefits extend beyond those who are disabled. Poor internet connections, for example, can lead to choppy audio and video. And in turn, have the participants miss important information. But with a transcript, everyone will understand what is going on, regardless of the quality of the conference
Legal compliance and business protection
Depending on what field or industry you’re in, there’s a chance that your business might be legally bound to keep records of any conferences made. However, even if you aren’t obligated to keep an archive of calls, they can offer additional legal protection. For instance, if a client claims that you made a promise to complete a project within a specific timeframe and budget even if you didn’t, you can use the transcription of the call as evidence.
Archive and documentation
Last but not least, transcription makes it easier and more efficient to establish a strong and reliable archive for documentation purposes. Consultants, compliance officials, and other relevant personnel can review the aforementioned transcripts. And even employees can use them to measure their performances and identify both their weaknesses and strengths.
Tips in selecting a captioning and transcription solution to web conferences
No one can deny the benefits of captioning and transcription services. However, to take full advantage of all the benefits that it offers, you’ll need to carefully consider which vendor to choose. Not all organizations will have the same goals, budgets, and requirements, after all. So to help you make the right choice, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Explore available options. Price will always be a factor that you’ll need to take into account, especially if you’re working with limited financial resources. And depending on what you need, pricing may vary depending on the service provider. It is for this reason that you must always explore all of the available options before you decide. Doing so will allow you to find deals that you may not have otherwise. And in turn, keep your expenditure as low as possible without having to choose a lower quality solution.
- Accuracy is everything. No matter how fast or inexpensive the transcription or captioning solutions is, it won’t make a difference if it isn’t able to deliver accurate results. And you’ll have to spend more time and resources correcting any errors that are made during the process of transcribing the content. And for complicated and longer files, it can result in a lot of problems that you wouldn’t have had otherwise. So make sure that you choose an accurate solution. It will save you from a lot of trouble down the line.
- Don’t forget about integration and usability. While the accuracy, speed, and cost make up for the ideal transcription and captioning solution, it must also be easily integrated and usable with other platforms. For instance, if you plan to upload your content in the popular video streaming platforms, having a solution that can be integrated into it can save you time.
- Compatibility is vital. Apart from integration, the video and caption files must also be accessible across a wide range of different platforms. For example, the files for transcription should always be in formats which are as easy to store and share as they are to view. The more accessible they are, the easier it will be to publish them on various streaming platforms and websites.
- Look for reviews. Those that provide transcription and captioning solutions are not unlike any other business in a way that they can be a little economical with the facts regarding their solutions. Because of this, you must never take their word alone. Instead, look for reviews from other customers. It may sound like a lot of additional work now but in doing so, you’ll be able to find the solutions that will meet your needs.
With all of the advantages that it offers to web conferences, there’s little reason not to make use of transcribing and captioning solutions. It may be an additional expense but it is an investment that will pay dividends in the long run. However, make sure that you carefully consider and choose the right software. Allowing yourself the opportunity to look around for potential options, carefully evaluate each has to offer, compare prices, and check what both past and existing customers have to say won’t just lead you to the right solutions that will benefit your organization. But also keep you from spending more than what is necessary.
You must log in to post a comment.