If you are new to the field of digital marketing, may be it seem like there are endless acronyms to learn – PPC, CTR, CRO, and many more. Yes, CPM advertising is a term that you should learn and incorporate into your digital marketing strategy.
CPM means the cost per 1000 impression. No doubt, cpm marketing is a useful metric to better comprehend the effectiveness of your advertising campaigns, and even adds context to your ROAS and overall ROI for marketing efforts. There is specific cpm formula that helps to calculate cpm and most advertisers use online cpm calculator to perform average cpm calculation.
Read on to know cpm advertising strategy, CPM formula, how to calculate cpm, and much more! So, let’s start with some basics!
CPM Calculator: What Is Cost Per Thousand Impressions & does it Matter!
What Does CPM Stand For?
In digital advertising, CPM stands for cost per mile (as mille is Latin word for thousand). That’s why the CPM referred to as cost per thousand, indicating of course to a thousand impressions.
What is a CPM In Advertising?
From the above stuff, you come to know where the “M” in CPM comes form or what does CPM advertising actually mean! As mentioned-earlier, CPM marketing strategy measures the cost per one thousand impressions. Impressions are said to be as the number of times an ad is displayed and viewed by someone online. Then, CPM is something that measures how much it costs to display your ad 1000 times. Experts often use cpm calculator for instant cpm calculation and impression calculator to find out the number of impressions they get!
CPM advertising strategy is a good metric when an individual want to assess how an ad campaign improved brand awareness, as it only consider how many times the ad was seen, not the way how often it has been clicked or how it led to conversions.
Formula for CPM is taken into account to calculate CPM, you just have to divide the total cost by the number of impressions and multiply the result with 1000.
The CPM formula is:
CPM = (Cost to the Advertiser / No. of Impressions) x 1000
The online cpm calculator is also use the same formula for CPM calculation!
When paying and advertising strategy depends on the number of impressions, advertisers bid how much they are will pay as CPM marketing. Typically, an ad is something that runs over a certain number of days, with a budget for the total length of the campaign.
For instance, if you want that your Ad to reach 5000 people each day, and you only have advertising budget $20 each day, then what is CPM?
Let’s take a look:
5000 people per day / 1000 impressions = 5
$20 per day / 5 = $4 per 1000 impressions.
May be you think that what a good CPM is, no doubt there isn’t a one specific answer behind this question. However, your cost per 1000 impressions should be valued that depend on how valuable you believe those impressions are to your business. If you think that showing the ad is worth it, then you may be willing to pay a higher CPM.
How to calculate cpm?
When it comes to calculate CPM, there are three parameters that you will continually use:
- Total number of impressions
- The CPM itself
- Total cost of campaign
If you want to calculate CPM in advertising, the cost of campaign, or the number of impressions, all you need is the two of three above-mentioned parameters. The given formulas are taken into account to solve any CPM-related questions:
- (Total number of Impressions / 1000) * CPM = Total cost of campaign
- (Total cost of campaign / CPM) * 1000 = Total number of impressions
- Total cost of campaign / (Total number of impressions / 1000) = CPM
If an advertiser agrees to pay $50 for certain Ad campaigns and the Ad receives 50000 impressions, then what’s the Cost Per 1000 impression (CPM)?
CPM = (Cost to the Advertiser / No. of Impressions) x 1000
Cost Per 1000 impression (CPM) = (50/50000) x 1000 = $1
So, the CPM that the advertiser agrees is $1.
Well, if you don’t want to do stick to the above CPM calculation, then simply try online CPM calculator to calculate CPM instantly.
Why – When – Ecommerce Businesses Use CPM Advertising
CPM is helpful for a business in a different number of ways such as:
- Increasing Visibility: In fact, online businesses intent on establishing or also expanding a value of the brand. This is said to be a splendid approach for newly formed businesses that want to make a name for themselves with customers also potential business partners
- Advertising For Relevant Audiences: Yes, promoting your business online on a highly-relevant affiliate website is the way to make CPM beneficial from a sales and even branding perspective
- Driving conversion with high-performing campaigns: No doubt, when display or banner Ads with high conversion rate is paired with the exact advertising platform, they can be highly effective. The exact audiences means – for instance, a shirts store advertising on a popular shirt blog – can make the Cost Per 1000 impression (CPM) model work in its favor
What is the Average CPM?
CPM advertising taken into account on Insta, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Pinterest:
The average CPM cost per platform is as mentioned-below:
- Facebook – $7.19 per 1000 impressions
- Instagram – $7.91 per 1000 impressions
- YouTube – $9.68 per 1000 impressions
- LinkedIn – $6.59 per 1000 impressions
- Twitter – $6.46 per 1000 impressions
- Pinterest – $30 per 1000 impressions
How to maximize CPM ROI?
Nowadays, you can find several social platform and search engines that offer CPM advertising services. It doesn’t matter whether you are using Facebook or Google, all you need to remember to:
- Target the right people: Refined targeting and segmentation is the best indication that ensure you are only spending amount on the relevant leads
- Watch the frequency levels: You ought to focus on the strategy that the same people don’t see your Ad more than 3 times
- Use attention-grabbing copy and visuals: By doing this people remember your brand after they have see your Ad
So, monitor your CPM online by using CPM calculator – Experts depict that CPM is the well-known measurement in online advertising that offers several benefits for business owners.