A most common threat nowadays is roaming around the cyberspace, and that is Facebook account hacking. Nowadays we don’t need to be a world-famous celebrity to become the victim of it. In the past, we’ve seen that only celebrities were the main target of this type of attack. But right now, anyone can get their account hacked anytime. But did you ever wonder how do they do it? How can’t the most popular website on the earth make sure the account safety of its users?Well then, if you want to know, without any further ado, let’s begin, how do hackers get access to your Facebook accounts.
How Do Hackers Get Access To Accounts?
First of all, you should know that invading into someone’s Facebook account is not a child’s game. It requires top-notch technology as well as many skilled peoples like programmers, engineers etc. Here are some of the most common tricks people use to invade someone’s Facebook account:
- Phishing: Phishing is the most common tricks of hacking a Facebook account. In this process, hacker builds an identical login page like Facebook. You might have tried to log in into some websites or apps where it requires to log in through Facebook. If you are logging in to an unknown site with your Facebook, the chances are high that the hacker has got your Facebook email and password.
- Keylogging: Another most common technique used for hacking someone’s Facebook account is keylogging. If your running system does not have a good antivirus backup, then you might be on trouble, my dear friend. A keylogging virus can easily track when, where and what you are typing. This record and information are then passed to the hacker’s hand. Thus, they get to know your user id and password to break into your account easily.
- Stored Password: 90% of the Facebook users store their password in their devices to log in easily. If you are using a public device that is open for everyone, it is never recommended that you turn on the “Remember Password” feature. If someone, by any chance, gets access to these devices or your own device, you are in great trouble, my dear friend. You might lose your account, or in the worst-case scenario, you will be blackmailed.
- Sidejacking: Another dangerous attack is sidejacking, where you can lose the safety of your Facebook account. This occurs when you are using a public network. In this attack, hackers can steal your access on any website. They can reach out your all personal information and messages. So, beware of using a public network without an emergency.
So, does that mean you can’t read someones facebook messages without a password? Well, there are some ways like spying apps, forgot password method etc. For those who are trying to read messages from someone’s account without any password can try these methods. Those are some easier than the ones described above.
Does Facebook Sell My Personal Information to Third Parties?
A lot of controversies have been created regarding Facebook’s selling information to third parties. Now we all know that our data is not fully secured. Instead, you are being observed with your every move over the cyberspace. But Facebook has denied this fact from the very beginning. They are telling us that they never sold our information to others. Instead, they used our data to show their paid ads. But we will never know what the real truth is. That is why this controversy is still unsolved. But we recommend that you do not share your most private information anywhere unless you trust it.
How Can Someone Prevent His Account from Being Hacked?
Invading someone’s Facebook account might be very hard but preventing someone from doing it is very easy with some necessary steps. Let’s talk about the necessary steps to save your account from getting hacked.
- Avoid Unknown Connection: Your Facebook account can be easily hacked from a public or unknown network connection. By using this type of networks, you can easily become the victim of sidejacking, which we’ve discussed earlier.
- Make Your Password Stronger: Don’t put your account at risk by entering a small and easy password like “abcdefg” or “1234567”. These passwords are easy to break. Make sure you put the password long enough and keep a combination of small, capital, numeric and special letters.
- Enable Two-Step Verification: The two-step verification is the most effective way to keep your account safe. By enabling it, you’ll get a confirmation notification whenever someone tries to log in to your account. Even hacker can’t log in to your account if he has the username and password. He needs your permission to login.
- Change Your Password Frequently: This is a proven method of keeping your account safe and sound. By changing your password frequently, you can eliminate any hacker having your username and password.
- Remove Unknown Connections: There’s an important feature that Facebook offers to show its users where and when you were logged in. You can remove any connection immediately if you see any unknown device or connection there. To reach out these settings follow these steps: Settings > Security and Login > Where you’re logged in. There you will see all of the recent logins you’ve made from which location and devices. If you see any kind of suspicious login activity in there immediately remove that session or log out from all sessions.
Nowadays, hackers use some advanced technologies which have made hacking easier than before. Some hackers do it just for fun or just want to see what is behind the wall. On the other hand, some use this information for blackmail. Though, it is your responsibility to keep your account safe and sound. You can ensure it easily by taking some necessary steps. Even Mark Zuckerberg’s (CEO of Facebook) account has also been hacked by hackers. That is why you need to ensure the safety of your own Facebook account by being cautious. Hope it was a great journey on How Do Hackers Get Access to your Facebook accounts and How Can Someone Prevent His Account from Being Hacked. Stay updated visiting us again for new tips.