Internet ad trends are changing every day, and everyone in the industry is trying so hard to stay up-to-date. There’s intense competition for the attention of web users, which is why businesses need to be creative when it comes to promoting their brand online.
When looking to advertise on the internet, options include the use of search engines, pay-per-click programs from PPC agencies, social media sites, and classified ads.
More than just providing information on your products and services, though, you have to ensure that your target audience understands your value proposition. Paid ads can help you reach potential customers through proper ad copies and placements for effective online ads.
Creating effective online ads is almost the same as creating print and television advertisements. These ads must be catchy and should provide brief yet sufficient details to make them interesting to people. With the height of competition online, you should work on making your ads effective and posting them in the right places on the web.
Here are some tips to help you build effective online ads that will increase your website traffic or customer conversion rate:
How To Build Effective Online Ads – The Complete Guide
Make Sure You Have Effective Call To Action
A good call-to-action (CTA) phrase of an internet marketing campaign gets the attention of your prospects and draws them to your website. It’s very easy to stumble upon online ads when people scroll up and down through social media. If the ads are interesting enough for them, they might click on them and spend some cash on that product.
CTAs are brief and strong words that speak directly to the audience. They guide web visitors on what they should do after viewing your content.
Some powerful and appealing phrases are:
- Save Money Now!
- Avail of This Limited Discount!
- Change Your Life Today!
Make A Powerful Ad Headline
Creating effective ad headlines is one of the keys to getting your advertisement noticed. The best way to achieve this is to make a copy that puts them first. It should relate to consumers’ needs and preferences.
If your ad is only saying what your products and services can do, then it sounds like just another sales pitch and the reader won’t be encouraged to take you up on your offer. You need to show them how you can help solve their problem so they’d become interested.
A compelling headline would mirror your potential customer’s end goal, but with more value proposition. For instance, instead of merely saying “We Can Create Copy For You” you can write “A Copy That Generates Results”.
To determine the type of headline that will appeal to your audience, you need to consider the following:
- Your current audience
- Your target customer persona
- The type of content that appeals to your target’s interests and provides solutions to their dilemma
Write A Persuasive Ad Content
To make an online ad, you must remember that your message needs to be brief and precise. A lot of people make long paragraphs that are hard to comprehend and read. Readers should be able to understand the message of an ad in a single or couple of short sentences.
Consumers are constantly bombarded with advertising messages and they know when they’re reading a sales pitch. Knowing this, it’s best to go straight to the point while ensuring that you focus on them and their needs.
Choose The Right Colors
Your ad’s design plays a significant role in presenting your advertisement to your audience. Colors, specifically, have a direct impact on the reader/viewer’s perception of products and services.
With this, you must understand the different emotions that colors evoke. For instance, you may have noticed how red is used mainly in food ads since the hue is said to boost appetite. Nonetheless, it might not work well for other industries since it’s also associated with passion and danger.
Choosing the right palette is crucial for the success of your online ads. Colors are a powerful design element that allows you to make an impact visually and psychologically.
Create Compelling Video Ads
Video advertising is a fast-paced means of creating an impact on your target audience. It’s very effective in increasing website traffic and boosting your business’s conversion rate.
Some types of videos you can use are:
- Teasers/Trailers – These videos can help boost the hype for your product or service by showing its highlight features or qualities.
- Product Presentations – This provides more comprehensive information on your merchandise from its specifications to purposes.
- Reviews/Client Testimonials – Testimonials can build your credibility as a provider of top-quality products and services as your clients tell their first-hand experience with using them.
Regardless of the format you use, your videos must always have a compelling and optimized title as well as concise content that highlights the benefits you provide the viewer. Additionally, don’t forget the call-to-action (CTA) phrase to guide consumers on what to do next after watching your ads.
Use Online Advertising Platforms
No matter how appealing your ad is, it won’t be effective if no one will be able to see it. With that, a part of building an effective online ad is the use of different online advertising platforms to get your ad out there in the open.
- Social Media: The primary advantage of advertising on social media is that it allows your product and service to be open for discussion for as long as it exists on the platform. This increases engagement and traffic to your social media pages, accounts, and even website, enabling you to build your brand awareness. Moreover, social media networking sites such as Facebook or Messenger are highly effective as a platform of communication between you and your target market – people you’re aiming to advertise to, who have expressed their interest in what you have to offer.
- Search Engines: Search engines are valuable platforms for your online ads since they’re used by a majority of consumers. For new brands, paid advertising is ideal to introduce your company to your target audience. Once you’ve established a following and optimized your website well, you can then enjoy organic or natural traffic without paying for online promotions.
- Blogs: For any internet marketer, posting ads in blogs can be a great way to get free traffic. To start, you want to write down a list of your keywords and then start to post ads in blogs related to those keywords. For example, if you are in the market for auto parts, you could start to post ads in blogs that talk about auto parts and car mechanics.
Summary to Effective Online Ads
The internet is playing an important role in the way people interact with each other. Today, you can reach out to customers online in a much more effective and efficient way than ever before, which is why it’s so important to make sure that you’re leveraging the internet to the best of your ability.
You should create a powerful headline, convincing content, and an effective call-to-action phrase. You should also choose the right colors to make your ad look appealing. Videos are also good tools you can use to advertise your business online.
Lastly, cross-promote among different platforms so people will see your ad in many places. Most companies are posting their ads on social media pages, search engines, and even blogs. When you follow these simple steps, you can increase your customer base and business sales.