What are the ways to get the most out of smart home security Honeywell? Home security is a top priority for many homeowners. A smart home security system can give you the peace of mind you need, but it’s important to know how to use it to its full potential. With neural-based AI and computer vision, the Honeywell RTH9580 Smart Home Security Camera System provides video analysis at scale, enabling technicians to gain valuable insights into activity in your home.
In this article, we will discuss some ways to help you get the most out of your smart home security Honeywell system.
Does Honeywell do home security?
Yes, Honeywell is one of the top names in smart home security. They have a wide range of systems and prices to choose from.
For example, the RTH7350 camera is their mid-level smart home security camera, and it can both send notifications to your phone and provide video recording.
What are the benefits of smart home security?
As the best smart home security Honeywell system has many benefits. Some of the top benefits include:
- Fewer worried family members: Smart home security systems can automatically send alert messages to your phone if they detect a problem or danger. You can share video clips and live streams instantly, which help ease your mind and prevent potential situations from turning into problems.
- Faster response times/ Real-Time Security Alerts: A smart home security system can send instant notifications to the police or 911 if there is an emergency. Or, it can send professional response teams to deal with any situations that require their expertise. Even if an alert isn’t necessary, it sends a message to the owner of the security system, so they can arrive at the scene quickly. Real-Time Security Alerts are the best way to prevent unwanted accidents, disruptions, and dangerous situations in your home.
- Fewer notifications to follow: With automatic alerts, you won’t receive as many unnecessary notifications as you would with a manual system.
- Remote Monitoring & Video Surveillance Solutions: Keep an eye on your home while you’re away with remote monitoring and video surveillance.
- Customizable notifications: You can set up your system to send customized emails, texts, and alerts.
- Smart home security systems allow you to control your household functions from anywhere of this world. You can monitor and record everything that happens in and around your home.
- These systems will reduce your utility expenses. They also ensure your home and family are safe and secure. Best of all, you won’t have to do anything manually.
- A smart home security system increases property value and decreases insurance rates. It also reduces your Homeowner’s Association fees. In today’s market, there are lots of options when it comes to remote monitoring and video surveillance systems.
- In this digital era, smart home security is comfortable, safe, fun and entertaining. You can enjoy total control over your home while you’re away.
- Linking your smart security system to your speakers, lighting and TV can improve your home’s productivity. Integrating smart home products and systems also provides invaluable peace of mind.
- Smart products can be customized to match a specific user’s preferences or needs, depending on the device. A smart thermostat can help you save money on your energy bill by modifying your home’s temperature based on local weather conditions.
- When you can’t be there to check in on your elderly loved ones, it provides peace of mind and reassurance to know they’re living safely and independently. This is especially important during the ongoing novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic when quarantine restrictions are in place.
How much does a Honeywell alarm system cost?
Honeywell’s starter kits are more expensive than most DIY home security packages, with their basic kit priced at $449 which contains 4 devices.
The cost of the Starter Kit With C1 Camera Bundle is $499 which contains 5 devices.
And the Super Smart Home Security Bundle cost is $699 and contains 7 devices.
However, for that price, you get a lot of features that other companies don’t offer.
How does the Honeywell security system work?
If you’re looking for a system that is mainly plugged and play, with minimal setup and configuration, then Honeywell might be perfect for you. The working procedure of the smart home security Honeywell system is quite simple.
You get an Ironsocket smart sensor which you place in your room or outside and a complimentary app that you can use to control the locking and unlocking of your doors and windows. You can think of the Ironsocket as the brains of the operation, sending alerts to your phone if something is wrong.
How to install Honeywell Smart Home Security system?
Caution: Do not remove the red battery tabs until the app tells you to.
The installation process of so simple, just follow the below steps:
- Download the app from the play store and install it on the smartphone or tablet. The app will lead you through the installation process step-by-step.
- Position your Camera Base Station in a location that provides the widest view of your home. Then set up the camera base station using the App.
- In this stage, set up the sensors using the app. Make sure the sensor is installed and functioning correctly by following the step-by-step instructions in the app.
Wow! the system is installed!
Tips to get the most out of smart home security Honeywell
The first step of choosing the Honeywell Smart Home Security is the first opportunity to get more than other security systems. You will be aware of what is happening around you and throughout your home to help keep your promise to protect what makes your house your home.
A starter kit of Smart home security Honeywell contains:
- Camera Base Station with Amazon Alexa™
- Two Access Sensors for Windows and Doors
- Remote-control Key Fob
- App with Video and Alerts
If you integrate your existing devices with the Honeywell Smart Home Security starter kit, it will make your home harmonious. In this way, you can get all your devices working properly and keep a check on what is happening in your house. To ensure your home is secure, companies have different methods of protecting their devices. Some are not as secure as others, and some may even be breached.
Honeywell works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT, and many other smart brands.
The Honeywell home security system starter kit provides built-in Amazon Alexa, which works with simple voice commands. You can change even systems settings with voice commands in a very short time. The voice command works within the range of 6 to 8 feet.
The state-of-the-art home security system stays vigilant day and night, with smart motion detection and night vision. If the system detects any unexpected activity, it records a video clip with audio and sends an alert to the phone through its app.
The Honeywell smart home security starter kit comes with 1 year of warranty. So be aware of the purchase date and keep all valid documents to claim the warranty if needed. By the way, Honeywell has excellent customer support, you can contact them for any issues regarding your smart system.
Honeywell Smart Home Security doesn’t offer a professional monitoring option to contact the police when someone triggers the system. However, there are plenty of other home security systems that do have this feature. It’s becoming increasingly uncommon for DIY security systems to forego professional monitoring, whereas in the past it was the norm.
It’s up to you to keep an eye on everything in your home without professional monitoring. The system can help by letting you know when to call for help, but the responsibility ultimately falls on you.
Honeywell’s Smart Home Security system is decent for a DIY project, but without professional monitoring, it can’t really compete with brands like SimpliSafe and Ring.
We love the easy setup, great customer service, and handy Alexa capabilities. However, the paid plans, limited facial recognition, and poor Z-Wave support keep it on the sidelines.
You must log in to post a comment.