There are several metrics that account for the value of the investment that you made for the SEO for your client or your boss. There are some metrics that you need to pay attention on. Other than the metrics, you also need to pay attention on the creation of a weekly workflow so that you can be capable of making better decision that are driven through your SEO analysis.
You cannot call your business a data driven business if you don’t have a habit of tracking the data on a weekly basis.
In this post we will learn how to make seo dashboard. Also, this post will tell you about the usage of Google analytics for checking the growth of your organic traffic because of the SEO with time. We will also be discussing the SEO metrics that you are required to track with the use of an SEO Client dashboard.
Therefore, here are the things that you will be learning through the medium of this post:
- What are the various metrics related to SEO that you need to track by using the Google analytics?
- How to make an SEO dashboard for maintaining and viewing your SEO metrics on the go.
With that said, let us begin with the search engine awesomeness.
How to Make SEO Dashboard – A Fully Working SEO Dashboard
The SEO metrics that you need to track
There is a saying among the SEO consultants that the analysts are not required to “boil the ocean” who means there is no way one can measure the all the possible metric combinations. Moreover, SEO cannot be done for the whole ocean but for a mug full of water only.
So what are the various things that you are required to optimize? Simple, just focus on the main goals of your business and analyze the metrics according to it.
However, the one common business goal among all the business owners is to rank at number one for some of the specific keywords which is surely not a cakewalk.
But there are some intelligent business owners who see SEO as a way to increase the traffic on their website, engage the users, or to get high conversions.
As a matter of fact, both of these analytics are important at the same level and a business needs to keep a good track of both of these metrics.
What are the metrics required to be measured
There are various metrics that one needs to follow for the measurement of the impact of SEO on the performance on the website. Here is a rundown for all such metrics:
- The complete growth of the organic sessions
- Conversions based on the organic traffic
- Bounce rate on the landing pages existing on the website
- Top ranking keywords of your website in the measure of percentage of new visits
- Top landing pages that gather more new traffic
- Top landing Pages according to the goals that you’ve made for your website
- The loading speed of your site as well as the behaviour of it
How Google analytics is expected to help you for tracking your ranking keywords?
There are three reports in the Google analytics that show the report of the ranking keywords. You can also find out what are the keywords that you are required to target. Here are the three major report types that you need to focus on:
1. The queries report
This report tells you those search terms which are searched by real people and then get to your site.
2. Internal site search
Almost all the blogs have an option of searching content on the site that is a search bar. This metric will give you the data of the queries that people search on your website. This will give you a rough idea of what people want to find on your site.
3. Paid as well as organic reports of keywords with the help of Google Adwords
To ensure that your ads work well on the SEO of your site, you are required to keep an eye on the paid and organic keyword report for your website. This will ensure that you are not spending the money on the keywords that are already ranking for your website.
How to make SEO dashboard?
Now after reading this far, you know how to show the value of the SEO to your client or boss and the metrics that are necessary for tracking. But this is not something that is needed to be done one time. You need to sustain it for a longer time and hence make it repeatable with time as well. For this, you are required to be turning the metrics into SEO dashboards with the help of the Google analytics. This will help you to see all your SEO related metrics at a single place and hence will make the analysis easy for you.
- Compile a list of the metrics that you need to track with the help of Google analytics.
- Make a fully customized dashboard with the help of Google analytics and use all the metrics that you included in the first step.
- Import a great looking template for your SEO dashboard as a way to get started with the making of your SEO dashboard.
- Done, your SEO dashboard is completely ready and is ready for keeping a track of all the analytics.
So that is how you can create a customized SEO dashboard for keeping track of the SEO analytics that you record or measure for your blog. It is also a matter of fact that the task of SEO analyzing is a cakewalk with the help of Google analytics.
However, it will require you an enormous amount of time to get started with and to learn about it in a proper manner. Moreover, you don’t need any reason for not managing the analytics since it proved to be highly beneficial for your business.
You can track all the things with the help of the analytics such as tracking the keywords for which your website ranks or the searches that are made within the website.