A full review of the Trello desktop app will be presented covering the following topics in this article:
- What is Trello Desktop App?
- How Trello Desktop App helps you?
- What can you do with Trello Desktop App?
- Trello Desktop App for Windows
- Trello Desktop App for Mac
- Trello Desktop App for Android
- Keyboard Shortcuts and desktop notification for Mac and Windows
- Set priority boards on Trello
- How to Do your job Using Trello For Project management
- Nachos: A Tasty New Design System for Trello
Trello Desktop App: The Best Project Management Tool
- 1 What is Trello Desktop App?
- 2 How Trello Desktop App helps you?
- 3 What can you do with Trello Desktop App?
- 4 Trello Desktop App for Windows
- 5 Trello Desktop App for Mac
- 6 Trello Desktop App for Android
- 7 Keyboard Shortcuts and desktop notification for Mac and Windows
- 8 Set priority boards on Trello
- 9 How to Do your job Using Trello For Project management
- 10 Nachos: A Tasty New Design System for Trello
- 11 Conclusion
What is Trello Desktop App?
Trello is a cooperation tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glimpse, Trello tells you who’s working on what, what’s being accomplished on, and where something is in a process.
Visualize a whiteboard, which is filled with lists of sticky notes, each note as a task for you and your team. Now imagine that each of those sticky notes has photographs, extras from other data sources like Salesforce or BitBucket documents, and a place to comment and work together with your teammates. Now envision that you can take that whiteboard anywhere you go on your smartphone and can access it from any computer through the web. That is Trello!
Trello gives you perception of all your projects, at home, and work. You will find lots of apps like Trello, but Trello is one of the best apps for your daily task.
Bring Trello to Mac or windows in a dedicated workspace. The Trello Desktop App features innate notifications, powerful enrichments and more – away from the disturbance of your browser.
How Trello Desktop App helps you?
- You can stay industrious with a beautiful trifling interface that doesn’t get in the way of your toil.
- With a Quick Add window, you can create new cards rapidly from anywhere.
- Whenever there is a new activity in any of your Trello boards, you will Get notified.
- With multiple windows, you can work on various boards at once.
- You can set a global shortcut that unties the main window from anyplace.
- Traverse in the middle of your starred boards with a quick shortcut.
- Use Touch Bar to view starred boards, open new windows, and create new cards.
- All Trello shortcuts work just similar to the web, with keyboard shortcuts, drag & drop and more.
What can you do with Trello Desktop App?
- Create boards to form anything you are working on
- Use them by yourself or invite collaborators, friends, and family to work together
- Modify workflows for different projects
- You can Add worksheets of “To-Dos” on cards
- Allocate tasks to yourself and coworkers
- Comment on objects with your friends
- You can upload photos and videos
- Also, attach files
- Show cards in a calendar view with the Calendar Power-Up
- Trello is free to use always with options to upgrade to Gold for lots of extra fun and functionality
According to Lifehacker, “Trello is an awesome project management tool that makes cooperation easy and, dares I say, even fun,”
Trello Desktop App for Windows
You will get Trello for windows 10 in the Microsoft Store. Trello makes it available for Windows users who use latest windows 10. Let’s see the requirements to use Trello desktop app on windows. For Trello windows phone it is the same.
Required and Minimum Requirements:
OS- Windows 10 version 14316 or higher
What’s new in the latest Trello version 18.104.22.168 for Windows?
- Prevent the app from giving the impression offscreen after removing a monitor between starts
- Fixed problems with mouse-based zooming
- Prevent black screen when attempting to hide full-screen app
- Fixes for SSO providers that use system auto-login
- Wrote an automated release note generator, which I will start using immediately
- They fixed an unidentified example which officially advised and protect the app endorsements
- Infrequently a claim that they calculate the notifications, places such as Windows
Trello Desktop App for Mac
Trello is also available for Mac users. So, let’s see what the requirements for the Mac users are.
OS – 10.9.0 or later
What’s new in the latest version – 2.10.0
- Foil the app from looking offscreen after take away a monitor between starts
- mouse-based zooming problem fixed
- Prevent black screen when trying to hide full-screen app
- Fixes for SSO providers which use system auto-login
- An automated release note generator has been written; I will start using that immediately
- They fixed an unfamiliar sample which officially recommended and protects the app recommendations
- Sporadically an entitlement that they calculate the notifications, places such as Mac
Trello Desktop App for Android
What’s new in Trello for Android?
- Bug fixes and performance improves
- Attach files from Google Drive and Dropbox
- Accessible to Android Wear
- Reply to comments from Android Wear
Trello is free to use forever on Android.
Keyboard Shortcuts and desktop notification for Mac and Windows
Trello desktop app allows you more grainy keyboard shortcuts with the ability to set custom ones. To create custom shortcuts to open the Trello app, just click the gear icon in the top right corner of Trello. Also, you can select Quick Add Shortcut to create a card from wherever you are.
With one of the following shortcuts, you can create a card and label the board from wherever you are. To add a card from anywhere the default key is set to CTRL+OPTION+Space. Through this shortcut key, you can set the board and list as well as a name and description.
Shortcuts for MAC
- Launch Trello from anywhere: Cmd+opt+t
- Add a card from anywhere: Cmd+opt+space
- Open boards page: Cmd+Shift+B
- Open my cards page: Cmd+Shift+M
- Set Current Board as default: Cmd+Shift+D
- Go to default board: Cmd+D
- Jumped to starred boards: Cmd+(1-9)
- Copy URL of the board or Card: Cmd+opt+C
- Open URL of the Board or Card: Cmd+opt+V
- Go back to previous board: Cmd+ [
- Go forward to next board: Cmd+]
Shortcuts for Windows
- Launch Trello from anywhere: Ctrl+Alt+T
- Add a card from anywhere: Ctrl+Alt+space
- Open boards page: Ctrl+Shift+B
- Open my cards page: Ctrl+Shift+M
- Set Current Board as default: Ctrl+Shift+D
- Go to default board: Ctrl+D
- Jumped to starred boards: Ctrl+(1-9)
- Copy URL of the board or Card: Ctrl+Alt+C
- Open URL of the Board or Card: Ctrl+Alt+V
- Go back to previous board: Ctrl+ [
- Go forward to next board: Ctrl+]
Now, desktop notifications are a native feature, assuring you never miss an alert in Trello. Since these notifications are sifted through your operating system, as diverge to your browser. When you are operating in “Do Not Disturb Mode,” they will be at their best (read: silent) behavior.
Extra: If you are using an Apple device which has a Touch Bar, you can even prompt up your starred boards, open boards in new windows and create unique cards for easy access at your fingertips.
Set priority boards on Trello
There are certainly tons of boards across your company, but you personally only check a few of them on a regular basis. Perhaps, you might have a favorite Trello board.
Now you will be able to keep that board front and center. You can set that board to automatically load on startup by pressing Shift+CMD+D, when on the board inside the desktop app. You will know this is set because a desktop notification will pop up.
*Pro tip: For easy navigation, Keep your boards list sticky on the left side of your screen.
Another useful workflow in Trello app for easy navigation is to keep a list of your boards welded to the left side of the app, nearly like channels in a chat app. You have to click on the “Boards” button in the top left corner of Trello app and scroll down to the bottom to do this. Click the link “Always keep this menu open, ” and the list will stay welded on the left side.
*Note: This feature is available in the Trello web app also.
Ready to accomplish new heights in productivity? A whole new Trello experience, free from disruptions, is here to discover right from your desktop.
How to Do your job Using Trello For Project management
- Create a team space
According to your project’s title give a name the to team space and contain a description if needed
- Create a board
For every stream of action within the project, you can create a new board. For example, you can create a board to accomplish the content calendar for the content marketing project.
- Add team members to the team space and boards
Invite your team members to the team space and boards that are appropriate for them. You can add people who are using Trello or send an email with a Trello signup link invitation.
- Create lists
On the board, create lists to link to the phases of content creation. You can start with To do and continue with Editing, Writing, Visuals, Published and To publish. Each task card will require moving through every single list during the content marketing process.
- Break down tasks into cards
One card signifies one task. Input all the applicable tasks you have at hand and place them on the relevant list. It gives you a full summary of your team’s work.
- Assign tasks to team members
You can allocate tasks to different assignees by adding team associates to the card. You can also mention individuals in the comments by typing their username using “@.”
- Set a due date
You can add a scheduled date and time to every card to make sure you will never miss a time limit.
- Add subtasks, descriptions, and attachments
The beauty of the Trello cards is that it covers all relevant information about a task. Add a checklist with subtasks, Enter a description, and attach all needed files. It makes a work handoffs between team members flatter.
Nachos: A Tasty New Design System for Trello
We all are familiar with Nachos Right? Isn’t that so tasty to eat? However, this time it is not that Nachos to eat. It is a new fantastic design System for Trello. If you used the app recently, you might experience a bit different design. You might have caught that some of the buttons are visually flatter. Possibly you have a keen eye for design, and you have thought their typography looks to be set in a new way. Alternatively, it might don’t look any different, and you are just keen to get in there and start doing some work!
Whatever your perception is, they are excited to declare that Trello has started creating a design system. They are calling this design system “Nachos” (mouth waters), and it means that Trello will be more meaningful than ever, the way you experience it.
They are creating a new design system to provide the users more consistency, alignment, and efficiency. With a compact design system to recommend, it becomes easier to create solutions that connect to one another and cooperatively strengthen the product. We all love remaining in sync with one another. As we add new associates to our product teams and we want them to adapt quickly and feel confident in their tactic. Nachos will keep us all, old and new, on the same page. Nachos is becoming our foundation of design truth, our example of pleasant direction. Having all of our patterns and UI systematized in one place will help everyone create, build, manage, and authenticate faster.
We have tried to give you some of the valuable info about Trello desktop app which will help you to work more smoothly and gently. I hope that you get a clear view of Trello desktop App from here. Trello is really a useful app to do your task with your team members together.
Thank you so much for learning Trello Desktop App. You are always welcome to share your opinion about this article with us in the comment box. I would love to answer any of your questions. Take care and spread the goodness.
You may also like: