What is the best DevOps certification course? In today’s fast-paced world of software development, where businesses rely heavily on technology, the need for efficient and collaborative approaches to software development and IT operations has never been more critical.
DevOps combines the activities of software developers (devs) and operations (ops) teams to build programs that operate quicker, more efficiently, and with higher security. A DevOps certification might boost your earning potential, validate your understanding of development cycles, help you build a stronger resume, and position you for more advanced job opportunities. You can enroll in the best DevOps certification course and start your preparation.
Moreover, DevOps positions are consistently among the highest paid in the technical industry. As the DevOps movement gained traction, the demand for skilled professionals in this field has surged, making DevOps certifications increasingly valuable.
DevOps certifications are professional credentials granted to individuals who have demonstrated their proficiency in various aspects of the DevOps methodology and its associated tools and practices. Acquired through a variety of tests, training programs, or performance evaluations, they demonstrate that the applicant fulfilled strict requirements.
These certifications come from reputable organizations and institutions in the industry, and they encompass a wide range of topics and tools. Earning a DevOps certification not only proves your competency in these domains but also opens doors to better career prospects and higher-paying job opportunities. Your ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members, such as developers, business analysts, QA, and operation engineers, is further enhanced by the qualification.
DevOps certifications offer numerous benefits to professionals and organizations alike. Here are some key reasons why these certifications are essential in today’s tech landscape:
In the highly competitive IT industry, having a DevOps certification can give you a competitive edge. Many employers prefer or require candidates to have relevant certifications, as they demonstrate a commitment to ongoing learning and professional development.
A DevOps certification lends credibility to an individual’s experience and makes them more desirable to companies on their resume.
DevOps certifications serve as concrete evidence of your skills and knowledge in DevOps practices and tools. They provide a structured path for you to learn and validate your expertise, which can be especially valuable when transitioning to a DevOps role or seeking career advancement.
The demand for DevOps professionals is on the rise, and many organizations are actively seeking individuals with DevOps expertise. By holding a DevOps certification, you become a more attractive candidate for a wide range of job opportunities, from DevOps engineer to automation specialist and beyond.
Certified DevOps professionals often command higher salaries than their non-certified counterparts. This increase in earning potential is a direct result of the specialized skills and knowledge acquired during the certification process.
To excel in DevOps and earn your certification, you must possess a diverse set of skills. Here are some of the essential skills and knowledge areas you should focus on when pursuing a DevOps certification:
- Cloud Computing – Many DevOps environments operate in the cloud, so knowing cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud is a significant advantage. With your knowledge of cloud computing, you’ll be able to design and construct cloud-native systems, manage the complexity of cloud systems, and make sure best practices are adhered to while using a range of cloud service providers.
- Containerization – The process of packing an application for rapid and simple deployment is called containerization. Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes is a fundamental skill. You should know how to create, manage, and deploy containers effectively.
- Monitoring & Logging – Understanding how to set up monitoring and logging solutions, along with interpreting metrics and logs, is essential for ensuring the reliability and performance of applications.
- Version Management Skills – A DevOps engineer has to be proficient in version management since it helps them monitor and manage software code changes. Version management requires knowledge of programs such as Jenkins, Maven, and Git. DevOps technicians should also be familiar with software development techniques like continuous delivery and DevOps technologies like GitHub.
- Collaboration & Communication – Collaboration and effective communication abilities are essential in DevOps. Working in cross-functional teams is common; thus being able to communicate and cooperate with others in the team is essential.
- Security Awareness –DevOps specialists must be well-versed in security procedures and capable of incorporating security into the DevOps workflow. Among the most often needed security skills are knowledge of secure configuration management, familiarity with data encryption, experience with safe coding practices, and awareness of common security threats and how to mitigate them.
- Automation Skills – The foundation of the DevOps skills process is automation, and mastering it is necessary to be referred to as a DevOps engineer. Any DevOps engineer should be able to automate every step of the pipeline, from infrastructure and settings to CI/CD cycles and app performance monitoring. Knowledge of DevOps tools, coding, and scripting is strongly related to the DevOps automation skill set.
- IT Operations & Production Systems Management – The domains of production systems management and information technology operations are intricate and dynamic. They are essential to the operation of any business these days, almost all of which rely on computers and other technology. Effective production systems management and IT operations may make the difference between a successful and a failing business.
Experts in the computer sector will find that DevOps certificates offer useful abilities and improved employment prospects in 2023. Here are a few of the top DevOps certifications to quickly review.
1. Docker Certified Associate – Docker is a popular platform for containerization. This certification, offered by Docker, Inc., confirms your expertise in working with Docker containers.
Skills: Containerization, Docker technology.
Requirements: Basic understanding of Docker concepts.
2. CKA Certified Kubernetes Administrator – Your proficiency with Kubernetes management and orchestration is demonstrated by your CKA certification. It confirms that you are capable of setting up and maintaining containerized apps in Kubernetes clusters.
Skills: Kubernetes, container orchestration.
Requirements: Practical Kubernetes experience.
3. CKAD Certified Kubernetes Application Developer – Developers skilled in Kubernetes application development are the target audience for the CKAD certification. It is evidence of your ability to plan and develop apps with Kubernetes resources.
Skills: Kubernetes application development, YAML configuration.
Requirements: Practical Kubernetes experience.
4. Puppet Professional Certification – The Puppet Professional certification attests to your proficiency with Puppet configuration management and highlights your aptitude for efficiently automating and overseeing intricate IT systems.
Skills: Puppet configuration management.
Requirements: Familiarity with Puppet tools.
5. DevOps Foundation (DOFD) – A thorough grasp of DevOps practices and principles may be obtained with the DevOps Foundation certification. With its emphasis on the core ideas of contemporary software delivery, it is ideal for people who are new to DevOps.
Skills: Fundamentals of DevOps practices and principles.
Selecting the right DevOps certification can be a daunting task, considering the multitude of options available. Use these guidelines to help you make an educated decision:
- Search for qualifications from reputable, highly-regarded organisations in the field.
- Select a certification that fits your professional objectives, hobbies, and level of expertise.
- Each certification has its own prerequisites and requirements, such as mandatory training courses or a minimum level of experience. Ensure that you meet these prerequisites before pursuing a certification.
- Examine the specifics of the certification exam, including the format, duration, and number of questions. Consider whether you are comfortable with the examination style and if it aligns with your strengths.
- Certifications often come with associated costs, including exam fees, study materials, and training courses. Be sure to consider your budget when choosing a certification. Keep in mind that the investment in a valuable certification can lead to significant returns in your career.
- Once you’ve chosen a certification, dedicate time to study and prepare. There are various resources available, including official study guides, online courses, practice exams, and community forums where you can interact with others preparing for the same certification.
- Register for the certification exam and schedule a date that works for you. Make sure to review your study materials and practice extensively before the exam day.
- Most certifications require periodic renewal to ensure that certified professionals stay up-to-date with industry changes. Be prepared to participate in ongoing learning and recertification activities.
With its all-encompassing approach to software development and IT operations that prioritises cooperation, automation, and continuous improvement, DevOps has completely transformed the IT sector. DevOps certifications have emerged as a powerful tool for professionals to validate their skills, advance their careers, and remain competitive in a rapidly evolving job market.
The DevOps ecosystem offers a plethora of opportunities, and obtaining a certification shows that you are dedicated to becoming the best in your industry. Choose the best DevOps certification course that can help you advance your career, regardless of whether you’re an experienced professional wishing to prove your knowledge or an entry-level professional looking to make an impression in the DevOps field.
Ans. For those working in QA testing, DevOps, QAOps, and DevTestOps, the AT*SQA DevOps Testing certification is ideal.
Ans. The maximum annual compensation for a Senior DevOps Engineer is ₹30.6 Lakhs (₹2.6 L per month). The average annual compensation for an Entry Level Sr. DevOps Engineer with less than 3 years of experience is ₹10.6 Lakhs. (ref.)
Ans. The DevOps Professional test is somewhat difficult but quite demanding. It calls for extensive experience with automating nearly everything and connecting AWS services. In order to guarantee that you have all the practical experience required for the test, take your time studying.